Using radio antenna for radio AND tv

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using radio antenna for radio AND tv

hey everyone

after seeing this post:
    by amrit50 in regards to how he's using his radio antenna for tv reception (using the specified connectors) I did some searching around and found a few things:

This looks like a female motorola to a female coax (could plug directly into tv card?):

but this by far looks like an awesome solution:
    this will split your radio antenna to the standard motorola male connector and a bnc connector. then you could just get a bnc coupler and a female bnc to type f coax. with this you could then keep your factory radio or use the motorola connection to somehow hook up to your specific radio.

or i guess you could stick to amrit50's setup and add a bnc t connector and use one output for the tv and one for the antenna:

what do you guys think? any suggestions? has anyone done this or anything similar/better?

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1
    Specs: Epia M2-1000, 512mb ram, SB Audigy NX, Lilliput 7" Touchscreen, M2-ATX, DVD, 160gb HDD, gps, obdII, wifi, bluetooth, XM radio, HQCT and Logitech wireless gamepad.
    Install Status: DONE

My XM FAQ

OHH .. that plug is called motorolla connector ?? hmm .. learn something every day LOL