No announcement yet.

Handheld PC

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handheld PC

Would people be interested in a handheld PC for their mobile mp3 application?
    The PC has the following options:
    CPU 533 to 800 Mhz
    RAM up to 256MB
    HDD up to 20GB
    S-video tv out, etc.

Just trying to gauge the interest for such a product.

It would be a good thing as long as the output quality was worth it and it could drive a display(or came with a cabled one). The only othe handheld that had this kind of storage was the EspressoPC. It has awful sound output, the video quality sucked and the only way to use serial or parallel port was to use the docking station. Quite limited for our application....
    A carputer?!? What in the hell is that?

Mate it depends how much its gona cost?
      So whats the estimated price for those units ?
      ans whats the size of the MB ?

System Comp V3 - In progress.
      Low power MB with C7 CPU, DC-DC PSU, car ECU link, USB TV, GPS, 7" TFT, Wireless, Voice.

And most importantly, is it easily expandable/hackable?

Aaron Cake
        London, Ontario, Canada

Player: Cyrix 200, 32MB RAM, 10.2Gig Quantum HD, Onboard EtherNet/Sound/Video, Custom Lexan Case, Arise DC-DC, Win95 Kernal w/Custom Player
        Car: '86 Mazda RX-7 w/Basic Performance Upgrades
        Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
        Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
        "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."