Espresso PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Espresso PC

I would like to get some feedback on the Espresso PC . Im still trying to debate what route i want to go for my acutal computer for my carputer.

Intel 810, Video Memory 11MB(shared Memory)Support up to 1280 by 1024pixel...........Will that be good enough for a 7" lilliput?

The Espresso Pocket PC is an astonishing design of tiny dimensions 6" (150mm) x 4" (106mm) x 1.25" (32mm) ~ a postcard size. It is a fully featured PC that fits easily into any compact office and home environment. It is also a perfect solution for custom usage and environment. Weighting around 1lb. (460g) , the total "travel weight" of the unit is around 1.95lb. (880g) that includes the power adapter (250g) + Carry Bag (170g) + Pocket PC (460g). It lets you travel light! The unit uses the Intel i810 chipset and supports Intel Celeron processors. It supports up to 256MB PC100 SDRAM and up to 18GB 2.5" notebook hard disk. The unit is compatible with Windows 98, 2000 and Linux. With all the built-in features like sound, Video with TV/out, touch pad, parallel, serial and USB ports. It gives you the full power of a workstation. The docking station with CD or DVD ROM and floppy drive give you a lot of convenience and flexibility. It is definitely the best choice for mobility and space saving.

heh wtf is that...

Comment

Only 256 Mb of RAM max, can't run Win XP. Otherwise pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by wi77iam
        Only 256 Mb of RAM max, can't run Win XP. Otherwise pretty neat.
        Sure it can. You can run XP with 128mb of RAM. As for the box, its not a bad little machine but its CPU is pretty pokey. Its is actually a Cyrix VIA 900.

Go with the cappuccino versus the espresso.
        Don't Fear The Gurkey
        Click here to check out My Setup

Comment

Watch out! WizardPC will post telling you how [email protected] the sound system is!

Comment

what about further models like the cappuccino Z3?? is the sound card also [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by nawi
              what about further models like the cappuccino Z3?? is the sound card also [email protected]
              I have a GX1 and it sounds good.
              Don't Fear The Gurkey

Comment

I have the AtoZ model (same thing, I believe), and have no complaints whatsoever with the sound.

We're not talking about an audiophile setup in a controlled environment here - it's in a car, for pete's sake! Between the road noise, etc., it's more than fine.

Some folks just like to bash these because they can. Personally, I'm pleased with mine.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by wkolodny
                  Sure it can. You can run XP with 128mb of RAM. As for the box, its not a bad little machine but its CPU is pretty pokey. Its is actually a Cyrix VIA 900.
                  My assessment was that 256 Mb RAM max is too little for a good PC, not that you need it to run XP. The "can't run XP" part came from this quote from the original post, describing the capabilities: "The unit is compatible with Windows 98, 2000 and Linux. " Maybe the incompatibility comes from it being a Cyrix.

Comment

Originally posted by peker
                    Watch out! WizardPC will post telling you how [email protected] the sound system is!

beat me to it.....
                    but many other things have been said about the coffee flavor PCs
                    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
                    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
                    I'M DEBT FREE!!
                    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Originally posted by wizardPC
                      beat me to it.....
                      but many other things have been said about the coffee flavor PCs
                      Homer Simpson: Mmmm. Coffee.
                      Don't Fear The Gurkey

Comment

thanks for the reply, i've bought me a EZ3 cappuccino pc. Lets take a look at what it can do......

thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by nawi
                          thanks for the reply, i've bought me a EZ3 cappuccino pc. Lets take a look at what it can do......

thanks guys

Well after long looking on the site, and reading up i finally have started my project carputer.

Just got an awesome deal on a Cappuccino TX3 for almost half of what it cost new, and it came with 512mb of ram and a pent3 1Gh.

Hope i got a good one.

Comment

Working...
                          X