Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matsu****a SR-8185-C (Apple) DVD and Allmac adapter wiring?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matsu****a SR-8185-C (Apple) DVD and Allmac adapter wiring?

In this post a great description of how to wire up a Matsu****a sr-8185-c slot load DVD/CD drive using the adapter available at Allmac.com.

Apple DVD (Matsu****a) and Allmac adapter wiring
    See 6th post down the page.

When the post was made, I ran out and bought the drive, and the adapter. A year later I am finally getting around to doing the install and all the links are dead. Does anyone have those photos, or extremely verbose <grin> instructions on how to get this thing wired up?

I would love to get this thing in my car this weekend

Thanks,
    --Craig

How do I attach power?

Maybe this photo will help. I am pretty sure some of you have done this before. Could you verify what I have done, and make some suggestions on how I can hook up power to the drive?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Comment

I got my 8184's and 8187 to work without bending pin 30. Solder the power onto one of the little black boxes on the left (positive to the + sign, ground below).

Comment

Thanks. That is pretty easy.

Should I solder 5v or 12v?

What about a ground wire?

My pin had to be bent because my IDE connector had the hole filled. It was the only way to get it to go on without buying a new cable. Should be benign though. :-)

Thanks again for the help.
        --Craig

Comment

Originally posted by millec
          Should I solder 5v or 12v?

What about a ground wire?
          5V goes to the plus side of one of those little black chips, GRND goes to the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Linus
            5V goes to the plus side of one of those little black chips, GRND goes to the other.
            Thanks for the help, I really do appreciate it.

ROFL... Unfortunately, both little black chip (c2 and c3) have a + sign on them (see photo above in thread). There is a Plus sign adjacent to the c4 socket / silver grounding plate. I am guessing that c2 is positive and c3 is negative with the attached silver plate grounding via a screw to the DVD chassis.

At least I know it is 5v now. I guess I have a 50 50 chance o making it work. I just don't want to fry it by experimenting.

--Craig

Comment

Working...
            X