USB keyboard stops working! (zippy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB keyboard stops working! (zippy)

I bought this keyboard... http://www.mikhailtech.com/modules.p...wcontent&id=42 ...and right when I plug it in it works but then after a couple restarts it will just stop working so I will have to unplug it and plug it back into the USB port. I am using a USB adapter that splits off into 4 USB ports. I have my touchscreen connection to one of these and it works fine. Does any one have any idea what's going on or what I can do to fix this problem?

1- check the device manager and see if there a yellow question mark in the USB controllers

2- click on add new hardware from the control panel and see if it detects your usb keyboard.

Comment

I had this problem with my powermate until I powered my USB hub with one of these (using 4.5v setting).

You can also power your hub with the +5v line from your machine's power supply.

Comment

yeah, I tried that same setup with a "self-powered" (read: not-powered) hub and I had the same problems as you. Get a powered hub, or mod the one you have like eyp said
        Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
        Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
        I'M DEBT FREE!!
        I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

My hub is like this one... http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...%3A3951%3A4463 ...so how would I hook power up to it when it doesn't require any power? Maybe the keyboard is requiring too much power so then I should hook my GPS receiver, and my cellphone modem cable up to the hub and just run another dedicated USB line up to my keyboard. Do y'all think that would work?

Comment

Maybe. But even if so, only until you get another usb device.

Also, please read the product description that you linked to.

Comment

ether use a powered hub. or conect it right to the USB port
              Pete Kastner www.KastNERD.com

Comment

Haha, well it looks similiar to that one but doesn't have an adapter, it's selfpowered... I bought it for 10 bucks from Walmart.

Comment

Working...
                X