how to get rid of admin/logon start screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to get rid of admin/logon start screen

i know it's not hardware specific but i'm tired of logging in everytime i hook up the computer. Right now it's not in the car but soon and there will be no keyboard yet to type stuff in. How do i get past this screen or disable it? On my computers now i don't have that problem, so i know it can go away.

How many accounts do you have and is it XP?

Comment

autoadminlogon

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000...ntry/12315.asp
      www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

Comment

thanks all....

i never used those before on my other computers (some older, but still XP) so i figured it was just a setting I could disable. What if i just made the account so that it wasn't listed as anyone (like a default account??).

Comment

Just have one account in XP w/o password (plus guest if you want) and it will skip logon.

Comment

If you didn't set up any other accounts and you don't have a password associated with that one the login shouldn't come up if it's XP.
            AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
            Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
            Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
            -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Originally posted by Curiosity
              Just have one account in XP w/o password (plus guest if you want) and it will skip logon.
              You said the exact same thing as me at the exact same time. Wow, great minds think alike
              AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
              Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
              Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
              -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

The tweek UI, as enforcer said, is better. Especially as you should not normally run in admin mode. It lets you autologin to any chosen account (even rememebrs the password which you may only want to use for network file sharing if i remember correctly). Its a free download from M$.

Comment

if i've already set a password for admin can i change it so there is no password?

Comment

Whatever you do, don't do that! NEVER leave your Administrator account without a password. Anyone could log on to your computer as Administrator.
                    www.bradleyjacobs.com

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

Comment

this comp is in my car...if somebody has the keys to start my ignition and check my mp3's and DIVX's then i guess i should be more worried with what the hell they are doing in my car

so how do i disable the password?

Comment

Originally posted by delussional77
                        this comp is in my car...if somebody has the keys to start my ignition and check my mp3's and DIVX's then i guess i should be more worried with what the hell they are doing in my car

so how do i disable the password?

saved, whooh.. for a moment i thought we're not talking about computer in a car...

i had this problem before after thinkering with XP i decided to just install it again and put no password, never seen that log-in since then.

[....99.9%]
                        [HW] 566eMHz/128mb/6gb, FlyVideo3k, RandMgps, M1-ATX, 7" Lilliput, VGA2AVadptrFor2ndVideo, 4CH/100rms, 10"Sub, 40AhDeepCycleTank
                        [....99.8%]
                        [SW] XP/MMC/FP:D3,FlyTV/AxifeFM,CarMM?
                        [Working on] puttingBackEvrythg.

Comment

that's really not an option for me so i guess i'll just have to use the tweak services

anybody else know?

Comment

Working...
                          X