Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer skipped like cd after hitting bump.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer skipped like cd after hitting bump.

Hi I took my carputer out for its maden voyage last night and all worked fine till I went over a nasty railway track. The song skipped for a second after the bump then went to the next track and continued normally. It took all the other bumps I could throw at it. Windows XP never had any spaz, nor did Media Engine.

Compaq SFF Deskpro
    P2 450
    192mb Ram
    WD 60GB 7200RPM 3.5" HDD
    Mounted Flat
    Extigy USB Soundcard

I did some searching and someone said it couldn't be the hard drive because it would have had the mp3 buffered. I'm wondering if the drive had to spin back up or something? I'll check to see if it has any bad sectors etc. tonight. But if it doesn't I'm out of ideas.

Thanks.

Any ideas?

Comment

any loose wires?

could be the amp.

Double Check all of you wiring
      -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Originally posted by greenglo
        I did some searching and someone said it couldn't be the hard drive because it would have had the mp3 buffered.
        I dunno who said it couldn't be the hard drive? Most buffers only hold a few seconds of MP3, so you're more than likely right, the hard drive took a thump and had to work out where it's head's were. While it was doing this the MP3 buffer ran out...

Most MP3 player apps allow you to increase the buffer, but without knowing what you're using, I can't give more info.

Please remember that a bigger buffer will just hide the problem... The hard drive is still taking punishment it really wasn't designed for. Best to try and get the drive cushion mounted to cure the problem.

Or avoid railway lines :-p
        Tankslappa

Misubishi Shogun GLS 2.5 Turbo Diesel
        VIA EPIA TC10000
        80gig WD
        Carnetix CNX-P1260
        CarTFT/Lilliput 7" TFT - Touchscreen USB
        MediaCar 1.91b

Comment

Yeah I think it was because the case had one corner that wasn't touching the floor so it had room to wobble if smacked hard enough. So I stuffed my car shirt under it and seems to have remedied the problem.... so far!!!! Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X