can anyone identify this part?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone identify this part?

those three square things with the coiled wire in the middle.
    what are those.
    the one on the left was burnt so Im gonna replace it but i need to find out what they are.
    thanks in advance

cant understand of what board this picture is taken of. what is that?
    DICE Los Angeles
    ]

Comment

Originally posted by yunusyu
      cant understand of what board this picture is taken of. what is that?
      It looks like (but not sure) a sound card, That chip is blurry so don't know what brand.

Comment

Originally posted by dannn
        those three square things with the coiled wire in the middle.
        what are those.
        the one on the left was burnt so Im gonna replace it but i need to find out what they are.
        thanks in advance
        Just looks like an inductor to me... They resist change in current... (back emf etc).

To a DC signal they look like a dead short, to a changing signal (audio, AC power etc) they have a resistance which depends on the frequency of the signal and the induction value of the inductor.

Check the number of connections they have on the board... Inductors only have 2.

They're used to clean up everything from DC power lines (smooth out ripples) to filtering out certain frequencies when coupled with capacitors. (low/high/band pass filters).

Getting the right value is going to be fun though.

Very odd you've got a cooked one on what looks like the audio stage... If some's fed power into one of the audio sockets enough to fuse the inductor I would expect other bits (especially silicon ones) to be fried.

If this is on the audio stage, you could always just dead short it to see if the missing audio comes back. You might get away with it or you might have some high pitched whistles the original inductor was there to remove.

If you can get the wire out of it's little home, you can always re-wind it... Just get some lackered copper wire of the same thickness and copy the number of windings and spacing. Then poke it back in the home (the home is important, it's probably a ferous substance to increase the induction).

Tankslappa.
        Tankslappa

Misubishi Shogun GLS 2.5 Turbo Diesel
        VIA EPIA TC10000
        80gig WD
        Carnetix CNX-P1260
        CarTFT/Lilliput 7" TFT - Touchscreen USB
        MediaCar 1.91b

Comment

Working...
        X