Audigy NX USB Mic/Line-In Concurrent?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audigy NX USB Mic/Line-In Concurrent?

The Microphone input on the Audigy NX USB doesn't seem to work when I use the Line-In input at the same time. Is there a way to make both inputs work? I need the microphone for voice commands and line-In for my RadioMan. Arghh!!!!!!!!!!

Should I take this back and go for the cheaper MP3+ USB?
    2004 4runner

Surely somebody out there uses the NX and has seen (or solved) this problem, right?
    2004 4runner

Comment

I am having a similar dilemma. The tech support guy at Creative told me that even though that are two inputs, there is only one channel on the hardware level. When both inputs are connected, the line-in is the dominant one. That is what I was told be Creative. Please tell me otherwise if someone has found a way to use both.
      2002 BMW E46 (99% done)
      Lilliput 7"
      P4 2.0
      80Gb
      DLink FM
      Routis 2004
      Opus 150W
      1200watts of PPI power
      2 - 12" solobaric
      MB Quartz
      IBUS - steering control
      USB 2.0 DVD player

Comment

WTF? That is just lame. To my knowledge, this is the only sound card that works like that. Does anyone know if the MP3+ USB does the same thing?
        2004 4runner

Comment

That's what I said to the Creative guy and he said that they did it that way to conserve bandwidth...he also said that all their usb soundcards are like this. only the pci ones have two hardware channels...what a load of bs....let me know if you found another way to do it...
          2002 BMW E46 (99% done)
          Lilliput 7"
          P4 2.0
          80Gb
          DLink FM
          Routis 2004
          Opus 150W
          1200watts of PPI power
          2 - 12" solobaric
          MB Quartz
          IBUS - steering control
          USB 2.0 DVD player