Morex 3688 RAM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morex 3688 RAM

Will normal size RAM fit in the Morex 3688 case? I did a , but came up empty. The specs say that the RAM is restricted to 1.25". I've only heard of .8" RAM.
    http://soniccobra03.150m.com/Pictures/CobraBanner.jpg

I just put together a system in that same case. I'm using just regular DDR RAM... I'll open it up tonight and measure it for you when I get home just to make sure
    Remember AllAdvantage From 7 years ago? IT IS BACK! Now under a new name Agloco
    GET PAID TO SURF THE INTERNET

Comment

i purchased a 512MB stick from crucial.com and it fits fine.

Comment

Did either of you guys fit a 90 watt opus in there too? I'm still waiting for the case to come in, but it looks like it will be close.

Comment

No I did not put a 90W Opus. I'm using a PW120M.

I did measure my Ram. It measures 1" 5/16 from top to bottom. There isn't any room to spare either. Just enough for a flat ribbon cable to run over top of it.

Comment

doesn't it have a dc-dc p/s? Don't you just need ITPS with it?
            My Mazda 3s

My Mazda 3s on Car Domain

[||||||||||||||||||--] (90%)

Comment

Originally posted by vcbb5
              doesn't it have a dc-dc p/s? Don't you just need ITPS with it?
              Yes it does have a DC-DC power supply that comes with it. Opus is just better.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicCobra03
                Did either of you guys fit a 90 watt opus in there too? I'm still waiting for the case to come in, but it looks like it will be close.
                I put a 90W OPus in mine, but you have to drill some new holes. I ended up mounting it upside down under where the CDROM goes, attached to the CD/HD bracket. I am probably also going to cut a small hole in the side of the case for the 12V/GRD/ACC plug to attach.

Twostep

Comment

wouldn't ITPS + the current dc-dc p/w work? Just no crank-start, etc?
                  My Mazda 3s

My Mazda 3s on Car Domain

[||||||||||||||||||--] (90%)

Comment

Originally posted by vcbb5
                    wouldn't ITPS + the current dc-dc p/w work? Just no crank-start, etc?
                    Wait a while until MikeH of Carnetix has his power supply for sale. I'm beta testing it, and can't say too much detail due to the NDA, but i have to say it is awesome

Garry
                    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                    www.aimee.cc

Comment

A little Off topic, but since you guys all have Morex 3688 case here. How do you guys mount the case in the car? Any mounting kits? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by NaFooEsi
                        A little Off topic, but since you guys all have Morex 3688 case here. How do you guys mount the case in the car? Any mounting kits? thanks!
                        I just have mine under my passenger side seat sitting on the floor. Fits pretty well there and doesn't move too much.

Comment

my morex is sitting under my car seat with velro to prevent it from sliding around.

Comment

Working...
                          X