ITPS fuse rating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITPS fuse rating

i've learned alot in my years as an audio installer, and one thing i know is to fuse all power lead sources. I have no idea what the fuse rating is for the ITPS. I plan on using 8 or 10 guage wire so i know it will be fairly small, i'm thinking a small inline fuse holder with a 20 AMP fuse should be sufficient. Just wondering what you all are using on it.

Originally posted by delussional77
    i've learned alot in my years as an audio installer, and one thing i know is to fuse all power lead sources. I have no idea what the fuse rating is for the ITPS. I plan on using 8 or 10 guage wire so i know it will be fairly small, i'm thinking a small inline fuse holder with a 20 AMP fuse should be sufficient. Just wondering what you all are using on it.
    ITPS has a built-in fuse (self resetting) on the battery input.

If you want to put fuses at the battery to protect the wiring from a short, use something larger than the ITPS max - say 8A or so (ITPS polyfuse is 6A).

You only need 1/4A or so for the ACC input if you want to fuse that.
    SeeYa! -Jim-

Comment

oh...i assumed it pulled more current then that..i will just leave them unfused from a distrobution block that is centrally splitting some of my power wire.

Comment

Working...
      X