EPIA M10000 Driving me nuts!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPIA M10000 Driving me nuts!

It keeps losing the secondary IDE channel, comm ports, floppy channel, and other various items in device manager have yellow question marks by them!

This is the second time it has happened. First time I had to REINSTALL XP to fix it. I couldn't figure out how or why it happened. This time, same deal... turned it off for the day.... got my Lilliput in the mail, plugged in the VGA cable (and not the USB yet) it boots up and starts telling me things are messed up again... SAME ISSUES. This is really starting to **** me off. I even tried system restore back to when the OS had just been installed... no go...

Has anyone had this happen to them?

Maybe you have a faulty Motherboard. Are all of your componants new i.e. memory/hard disk/ram ?
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

everything is brand new... it seems to work find for a couple of days... then freaks out. Tried reinstalling chipset drivers... everything... nothing but a WHOLE OS reinstall works.

specs:
      EPIA M10000
      200GB Maxtor 8meg cache (on its own IDE channel)
      PC2100 512 Kingston RAM
      Slim Slot load CD-R/DVD drive (on its own IDE channel)

Comment

What kind of PS are you using? maybe the HD is getting funked up for lack of power? My EPIA M10000 didn't like a full size HD with the morex PS, but if I had an ATX or a PW-70a PS hooked into it I had no problems.
        '96 Chevy Cavalier - EPIA M10000, Win2K,MediaCar, Deluo GPS Mouse with Routis, 60GB external HD, 7" widescreen monitor from DigitalWW.

'00 Jeep Wrangler - planning stage

What can BROWN do for you?

Comment

running off of a 300 watt ATX power supply at the moment... I have a PW-70a + ITPS for when its in the car...

Comment

you try checkign the bios settings haven't magically changed?

ie, is the secondary IDE enabled in bios etc?

Comment

I would recommend checking for 1) heat problems (all kinds of problems arise when that is the issue) 2) try a different stick of ram.
              ----------------------
              VIA Epia II
              256MB 266DDR Ram
              90GB Wester Digital
              Bluetooth/Deluo GPS
              Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
              ----------------------
              Mazda 6 Carputter > Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
                you try checkign the bios settings haven't magically changed?

ie, is the secondary IDE enabled in bios etc?
                I installed the OS with the CD drive... BIOS settings havent been touched or changed...

Originally posted by [iG]
                I would recommend checking for 1) heat problems (all kinds of problems arise when that is the issue) 2) try a different stick of ram.
                Its sitting on my desk out in the open, I also love it cold and my house is always 71 degrees. The mobo was left on all night once and didn't get hot at all... the hard drive though was hot but they do that.

I'll try different ram, but I ran a memory test app and it tested fine, same with the HD and CD drive, which BTW works from DOS, just not Windows... so its making me think its a XP thing.

Comment

ever fix this? I cant see my secondary IDE
                  '02 GTI
                  [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
                  [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
                  [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
                  [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
                  Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

Comment

My M10000 has exactely the same error, any solution ????????????????
                    There's somthing rotten in the state of Denmark.

Finished IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII 99,5%
                    M10000, 256mb, 20gb 2,5" drive, 7" vga touchscreen.

Comment

Working...
                    X