Connecting an LCD to the Serial Port

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting an LCD to the Serial Port

I have made serial port adapter for standard HD44780 based display. It works fine with Winamp serial control plug-in (displays title, current position, etc). It also has 12 buttons to control Winamp (Play,Stop,Jump5sec,Skip...) and software controlled backlight. All basis on Microchip's PIC16F84 10Mhz controller. I started developing of this device after I saw MP3Ondemand (www.mp3ondemand.com) player. My version of controller is not compatible with MP3Ondemand, but it can be done.

Winamp works fine, but Windows starts slowly and Winamp serialcontrol plugin has limited features, so I am looking for player (or someone who can make it) that works in DOS7 (DOS7 because I need FAT32 and long filename support).

So, if you are interested, take a look:
    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Foothills/6703/
    I would like to hear what do you like my serial interface. If you have some ideas or questions you can mail too to [email protected]

PS. I make web page in few hours and it is heavily under construction, and will be. Some pictures are missing because a haven't taken them yet.
Working...
X