What Component died?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Component died?

I have an fv-25 shuttle motherboard, 1.3 celeron, 384mb ram pc-100, 40 gig hard drive (which was just replace and working for this last week) and an opus 150 supply.

The comp has been working great for about a year and half, then hard drive died...I replaced it...it worked great fot the last week...and then it froze up twice and then now it won't boot up...the board lights up and the fan go...but no booty booty?

so What Component died?

I tried a brand new power supply same result...

ideas?
    BossTone74

Unplug everything but the cpu/fan and power supply....see if it posts. If not, it could be cpu or board. I have a dead cpu that does exactly what you are describing, but that doesnt mean that is necessarily your deal. Mobo could do it also.
    2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

I've got a pci bus analyzer. It has saved me some money before, you may or may not want to give it a shot. Here is a link to a few on ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/pci-analyzer_...ogZ1QQfromZR10

Comment

Originally posted by dignome
        I've got a pci bus analyzer. It has saved me some money before, you may or may not want to give it a shot. Here is a link to a few on ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/pci-analyzer_...ogZ1QQfromZR10
        Thanks for the IDEAS!

any more?
        BossTone74

Comment

Check the RAM. Most modern mobos will not even enter POST if there is a ram problem.
          Welcome, cdm.
          You last visited: 09-13-2006 at 02:42 AM
          Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 3.

Wow.. how things have changed in 4 years. Gone are the days of mcgyver and datalux

Comment

Originally posted by cdm
            Check the RAM. Most modern mobos will not even enter POST if there is a ram problem.
            wouldn't I get some sort of beep code?
            BossTone74

Comment

Originally posted by bosstone74
              wouldn't I get some sort of beep code?
              Not neccessarily. If you don't have spares, pull out the current RAM sticks and see if anything at all changes.
              Welcome, cdm.
              You last visited: 09-13-2006 at 02:42 AM
              Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 3.

Wow.. how things have changed in 4 years. Gone are the days of mcgyver and datalux

Comment

Working...
              X