Basic of a set-up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic of a set-up

Does anyone kinow of a site the outlines the basics of getting a soundcard to play through car speakers?

Get a head unit (stereo unit) with an aux in (like a CD changer, but not that). Then run a wire from the line out (or speaker out) on your computer to the aux in on teh head unit. Make sure your comp is grounded.

Need more help?

PoBoy
    I'm a ghost...email me if you have any questions on my old setup

My way outdated website: http://www.poboytech.net

FYI: I sold my 96 4Runner and bought a 1985

Comment

do you know if any sony head units have aux in? is that the only way, could u connect straight from the computer to the amp?

kardas
      http://austmp3car.tk

Comment

Originally posted by kardas:
        <STRONG>do you know if any sony head units have aux in? is that the only way, could u connect straight from the computer to the amp?

kardas</STRONG>
        See g60's Setup...

~m
        PII 266, 512 MB RAM, 10 Gig, 36x CD-ROM, 16x DVD, DeLorme GPS, 5.6" LCD Screen, Dschmidt power controller, Keypower ATX DC-DC Supply, PowerAmp Macro controller, Dauphin mini-Kbd.
        Sony Head Unit, Sony Unilink input selector, rear deck Kenwood 6x9's, stock door spkrs... All in my '96 Civic, of course :}
        BC ROCKS!!!

Comment

I see the set-up, but I don't see where it is explained how to do it.

Comment

You can get aux in adapters for Sony decks with changer controls, but they are expensive ($100 US) and hard to find.

Comment

The sony part is caled the xa-107 and if i'm corect you can order them bij sony.
              peter3
              PETER - THE NETHERLANDS - DEVENTER
              sproggy 2.8,epia c3-800,20Gb 2.5", 5.6"lcd,touchscreen.

Comment

I currently use Y connectors to split the rca inputs on my amp and run my stereo into one and the speaker output of my carputer into the other (volume is controled with winamp)... I am planning to use a aux input cable down the road that will plug into my cd changer input and then I will use the line out (fixed level) and use the head unit to control volume..
                1999 voyager pontoon boat
                (soon to be computerized)

Comment

Working...
                X