black and white?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black and white?

hi, i was just testing my graphics card with my tv to make sure i get a clear picture before i put it in my car..

i have a geforce FX 5900 Ultra. i have used the s-video output lead to connect it to my tv. it came with a converter to convert from s-video to a phono style lead to plug into my scart socket. i got a nice clear picture, apart from its in black and white. i've tried on two different tvs with two different phono leads and i getthe same problem. so just wondering if anyone has any ideas to help me? thankyou

if you're sending S-video over the phone cable (as oposed to converting it to regular composite before), you need to make sure that your phone cords are the four conductor kind. Look at the phone cable connectors. If you do not see four wires going into them, and four pins, then your phone cable is the problem.
    car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

not phone cable.. phono, as it 2 pin type.. so does it have to be 4 pin?

Comment

Whoa, lysdexia

sounds to me like your converter is bad. . I'm not used to people calling those cables phono.
        car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

haha well nevermind, i'll have a look anyways cheers for the help

Comment

try updating your directx. That sometimes helps.

Comment

i've got the latest version of them i'm gonna put my geforce 4 card in and see how that goes

Comment

Try switching the video standard from NTSC to PAL. It should be in the config for the graphics card.
                Old Systems retired due to new car
                New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

try pressing the button you use to switch to the external input on your TV again. Don't know why but whenever we use our Panasonic TV with S-video it comes up in black and white 1st time then press the input button again and it comes up in colour.

Comment

thanks, i got it working with my geforce 4ti, but i will try your suggestion rob, as i never thought of that!

Comment

Working...
                    X