Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

black line, and black w/ white stripe line...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black line, and black w/ white stripe line...

from my lilliput egg...took it apart a while ago and now i can't remember which is the +12v and which is the ground. I'm splicing into the PSU of my M10000. Yellow wire is 12v+ and adjacent black wire is ground correct?!?!

just need to know which is which of the black and the Black w/ white stripe cables.

Black with white stripes = GND

Black = +12V

Comment

thank you!! and am i correct with yellow wire is 12V+ and adjacent black wire is the ground?

Comment

Yes that is correct.

Have fun!!!

Comment

damn....well i tried that and the screen won't turn on...no red LED, nothing. I have the power for it connected to the PSU (yellow and ground) and i have the Lilliput connected to the computer via the UPS and the "plug" for the back.

i wonder if i'm doing something wrong. My brain is fried and i can't remember if i'm doing everything correct.

Comment

new development...when i plug the unit in with the wall AC adaptor it does turn on.

When i was in my car i even tried hooking the LCD up to the 12v of the battery and the ground for my car (the same way i have my stereo hooked up). What could i be doing wrong?

Comment

not to question you seth but are you sure it's 12v=black and ground=black w/ stipe.

Comment

bro you desperately need a multimeter. reconnect the egg adapter to your molex and see if you get 12volts. also the egg could be fried.. right, right?
                Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

Wait a sec. Just don't apply power again!!!

Comment

Did you slice the cigarette lighter adaptor?

Comment

Originally posted by samc
                      bro you desperately need a multimeter. reconnect the egg adapter to your molex and see if you get 12volts. also the egg could be fried.. right, right?
                      i'm actually not using the egg...i fried it. This is a continuation of my old thread
                      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ight=fried+egg

I am using the piece that comes from the egg and plugs into the LCD. I am not using a cig-adapter, i first used the computer (which didn't work) and then i tried the 12v+ from my stereo (still didn't work). Went inside and hooked it up to the wall unit and it works.

Comment

+12V=Black/w white stripe, GND = Blk...... at least on my egg.
                        MikeH

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                          +12V=Black/w white stripe, GND = Blk...... at least on my egg.
                          which would explain why i couldn't get mine to turn on....can anyone confirm this before i totally fry my lilliput?

Comment

I have my Lilliput on the bench at home powered from an ATX PSU. To do so I sliced the cigarrete lighter adaptor. I just checked (3 times) and you are right. It's the other way around. The funny thing is that the mains adaptor (at least mine) has it the way I originally told you!!!

Damn Lilliput!!!

Comment

okay cool, i'm gonna go check it out and see!!

Comment

Working...
                              X