Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It Happened Twice!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It Happened Twice!!!!

    I have an opus on my computer. Now I need to make a switch of some sort to completely cut power off to the computer after hibernation. I've had to charge my battery up twice thanks to my computer. before I charged it the second time I check my battery voltage and it was at 4 volts. I thought the opus was supposed to monitor the batteries voltage and shut it self off? SO now that I am at my wits end I would like to know how to create my own shut off switch. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!11!1!!
    Computer:
    COMPLETE SYSTEM OVERHAUL!!!!!!
    STAY TUNED IN THE UPCOMING WEEKS!

  • #2
    Maybe it's an old battery and it can't hold a good charge for a long period of time...

    Comment


    • #3
      wow a new altima and on the third battery already?
      What I have is my opus 90w powered with a relay inline. This way the carputer can only be turned on and off with the key. Yes it won't auto shut-down.

      What you can do is the same thing and the carputer will continue to autostart. But shutown you have to figure out. I don't even worry about it because half the time I cut the power to windows xp (no problemo).
      Mine needs to be updated.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by samc
        wow a new altima and on the third battery already?
        What I have is my opus 90w powered with a relay inline. This way the carputer can only be turned on and off with the key. Yes it won't auto shut-down.

        What you can do is the same thing and the carputer will continue to autostart. But shutown you have to figure out. I don't even worry about it because half the time I cut the power to windows xp (no problemo).
        I thought an Opus 90w could shut off all the power after closing Windows?
        Laidback


        The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Laidback
          I thought an Opus 90w could shut off all the power after closing Windows?
          It can. Take jumper JU1 off. I think some people said the Opus didn't shut down when the pc drained their battery, but I bet you they didn't change the jumper setting. With the jumper on and in stand-by there can be a drain up to 8 watts.

          Michael
          "It does not understand, if it does not ride."

          M10000, 512 Mb, 2,5" 40G, Slim DVD, Opus 90W, Xenarc 7", Leadtek 9532 GPS,
          RoadRunner, MapMonkey, Pioneer HU, Pioneer 4 ch 400W, Kappa 6.5, Basslink X 200W

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for all the quick responses
            so I just take out all the jumpers correct?
            SO that it has a 10 sec shut off delay. I thought this was the factory default so I didn't bother to check this upon installation. Looks like I gotta take everything out again.
            Computer:
            COMPLETE SYSTEM OVERHAUL!!!!!!
            STAY TUNED IN THE UPCOMING WEEKS!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by fly_dutchie
              It can. Take jumper JU1 off. I think some people said the Opus didn't shut down when the pc drained their battery, but I bet you they didn't change the jumper setting. With the jumper on and in stand-by there can be a drain up to 8 watts.

              Michael
              Only the 90W Opus has this jumper. The 150W Opus ALWAYS supplies power on the +5V Standby rail. I used a relay to avoid this problem.
              2004 4runner

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rando
                Only the 90W Opus has this jumper. The 150W Opus ALWAYS supplies power on the +5V Standby rail. I used a relay to avoid this problem.
                Can you perhaps elaborate on this method? It seems as If this is what I have to do as well.
                Computer:
                COMPLETE SYSTEM OVERHAUL!!!!!!
                STAY TUNED IN THE UPCOMING WEEKS!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Click the link in my sig. It's towards the bottom of the 2nd page.
                  2004 4runner

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DJKhan85
                    Thanks for all the quick responses
                    so I just take out all the jumpers correct?
                    SO that it has a 10 sec shut off delay. I thought this was the factory default so I didn't bother to check this upon installation. Looks like I gotta take everything out again.
                    Better yet, set the 20 minute delay and power down/hibernate through your interface or a short cut. That way you can keep the pc running if you fill up for gas or just getting some groceries.

                    Michael
                    "It does not understand, if it does not ride."

                    M10000, 512 Mb, 2,5" 40G, Slim DVD, Opus 90W, Xenarc 7", Leadtek 9532 GPS,
                    RoadRunner, MapMonkey, Pioneer HU, Pioneer 4 ch 400W, Kappa 6.5, Basslink X 200W

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My battery got dead two times after 3 days of hibernation. I searched for a resolution and found it.
                      I'm using now PAC TR7 universal trigger module to cut the power via relay to my Opus 150W 120 sec. after hibernate. Works great and no more dead battery.
                      TR7 is about $20. See the instructions HERE how to program it. Use the Feature #6: Pulse extender/Delayed turnoff.
                      <>My previous Car PC<>

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Let me see if I understand this correctly.. You replace the battery if/when it dies? Why?

                        Just push/jump start it.
                        Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
                        Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

                        Head units are for cheaters!
                        sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I never said I replaced it. I said I charged it.
                          Computer:
                          COMPLETE SYSTEM OVERHAUL!!!!!!
                          STAY TUNED IN THE UPCOMING WEEKS!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X