Relay Cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relay Cards

I suppose some of you use relay cards to control several things!!!

What do you use them for in your car??
    For example, lights (like neons..), A/C, etc...
    Do you have your own interface??

How can I TOTALLY replace my A/C controls with a computer interface?
    i have clima, so it electronically controlled!!!!!!!!

i've done a lot of but nothing special found about replacing A/C with a computer interface!!!

Easy, Write a small app in vb for example and run it as an external application from within what ever frontend player you use,

within visual basic create a form and use a comm control component to allow port access say on comm 1 (9 pin serial port), and throw command strings at it to get it do what you want while having the climate control hardware connected to external hardware your design possibly D-A's etc digital to analouge converters. there are apps here on the forum i believe wizard pc has made a good app that works with a relay card readily avliable, however this will only turn things on and off, if you want to be more controlling with the climate conrolled system you'll need to i/o comms with the pc and i wouldve said either a dedicated i/o card plus heavy programming, or pic device controlling the climate control that is connected via the comms on the pc
    Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
    www.aimee.cc

Comment

The pic device you said, what exactly is this??

If I want to have a nice interface?? Like my actual A/C controls???
      It also has an LCD, which I suppose i can relocate and remove the buttons!!!
      Any ideas?

Comment

A pic device is a small IC, it is basically a IC that can be programmed to do certain funcitons when run, it can accept data on its inputs and output data on its outputs, some people call them microprocessors.

if you have an lcd and buttons already functional with your a/c why would you want to control it via the car pc unless your really competent in programming and electronics its proberly not wise to go that way... easier way you could just wire the buttons on your a/c to a relay card via the pc and use wizardpc's app to turn them on and off but as for making settings or adjustments on the A/C controlls via the car pc its gonna be difficult, how are intending on capturing the data from the a/c lcd?
        www.aimee.cc

Comment

I just had an idea of moving out my A/C controls and only keep its LCD.. I could doit with a relay card but the controls are sth like push on/off buttons.. With the app you mention I cannot do it like this, or am I wrong??

Is there an AGP graphics card with 3 VGA outputs?

Comment

Originally posted by DjBac
            I just had an idea of moving out my A/C controls and only keep its LCD.. I could doit with a relay card but the controls are sth like push on/off buttons.. With the app you mention I cannot do it like this, or am I wrong??

Is there an AGP graphics card with 3 VGA outputs?
            yes you could do it with that app i mentioned i dont see why not if the switches are latching on and off then a relay would be fine for controlling theses buttons. i was under the impression you was intending of capturing hte lcd data and feeding that into the pc so you colud have the software control that too.

if you speak to wizrd pc about this im sure he may be able to give you assistance in using hes app try this thread

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ht=xp+parallel
            http://www.mpja.com/productview.asp?product=6074+KT
            hope this helps with the relay card issues

as for the vga with 3 outputs id say that would be hard to find for a cost effective solution try searching on google
            heres one i found with 2 vga plus many other outputs

http://www.cyberresearch.com/store/product/1196.2.htm

why would you want 3 outputs? you intending on 3 different images or just splitting the signal 3 ways? in which case a splitter would be sufficient
            www.aimee.cc

Comment

I need 3 different images in case I replace my A/C controls...
              One as my main LCD, another one near the dashfor the OBD software and gauges and the 3rd for the A/C..

Thanx a lot for your help!!!!

Comment

Phidgets 0/0/4 is a USB 4 relay board. It's not bad for the size and price.

Comment

Originally posted by DjBac
                  I need 3 different images in case I replace my A/C controls...
                  One as my main LCD, another one near the dashfor the OBD software and gauges and the 3rd for the A/C..

Thanx a lot for your help!!!!
                  In which case your gonna need 3 car pc's then, simple as that, there are some graphic cards that will allow you to output one vga signal and one composite or svideo signal but thats purely for video playback as for having 3 different lcds showing 3 different computer generated images 3 pcs will be needed, you could always just switch between the different apps running.... and save few hundered pounds / dollars etc
                  www.aimee.cc

Comment

I can manage it with one pc and 2 lcds showing different apps... so I will just stick to that!!!

It's OK for me!!

Comment

one video card with two outputs
                      plus
                      one video card with one output

Comment

How are you managing this exactly?

i dont see how you can get 2 different apps running on 2 different lcds from one pc?. is this possible?.
                        i know that you can have purely video playback via a svideo / composite connection and have the main windows desktop outputed via vga connection. but 2 different apps running on 2 different lcds from one pc is this possible? and how?
                        www.aimee.cc

Comment

Yea, NVIEW.
                          My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
                          2 Kicker Comp 10"
                          Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
                          Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
                          Check it out?!

Comment

Originally posted by Pudge
                            Yea, NVIEW.
                            NView im checking that out, ive never heard of it.
                            why wasnt i informed lol
                            www.aimee.cc

Comment

check this ........

Comment

Working...
                              X