Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone know where i can get a pcmcia card with usb and ethernet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone know where i can get a pcmcia card with usb and ethernet?

i think that my fixed USB connector is 1.1, so i'd like to get a 2.0 connector at some point. i only have one pcmcia slot and that holds my ethernet adapter, so i am looking for a pcmcia card that has at least 1 usb 2.0 and an rj-45 for ethernet.

i suppose my other option is to get a pcmcia with usb 2.0 only, and then get a usb ethernet adapter. which is the least expensive way to go? the reason i ask is because i have heard that tv tuners give low-res video on a usb 1.1 connection.

the other question is - do usb tv tuners work well? will i be able to pick up any stations at all?

thanks! this board is awesome!

Never seen a combo card like that. Best bet is to get a PCMCIA USB 2.0 card with multiple ports. Then get a USB 2.0 to 10/100 ethernet for you network connection. (Dlink has a nice one).
    1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

I've seen USB/Firewire combo, but I doubt there's one that's USB/LAN.
      00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
      Newest install - my quickest ever
      My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
      My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

Working...
      X