pc speakers better than convencional?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pc speakers better than convencional?

I want to know why when I herd a cd from the computer ,the sound quality itīs very good and the speakers have no brand , and in a car or with a stereo the sound itīs in some times poor with a well known brand , like sony , pionner etc ,have anyone know why?
    Thank you

Well there's a lot more to a car stereo than the head unit (the Sony, Pioneer, etc). Up until the mid 90's, most cheap cars came with pretty abysmal speakers that had very little range, sounded tinny, etc. Some people just replace the head unit to a new one w/ CD player or whatever, but neglect to replace the speakers so the sound isn't much better even though it says "Pioneer" or whatnot. Also, speakers need to be carefully mounted in the car body or they will vibrate incorrectly. Now, almost all new cars ( even the lowest end cheap Civics ) come with decent audio.

Essentially, you're confusing the brand of the head unit with the brand of the speakers. If you have a decent head unit and decent speakers ( no brand or not ) your car will sound great. With computers, any 16-bit card produces pretty clear sound so all you have to worry about it speakers and they're much cheaper for computers than cars even though they're shielded and probably cost more to make (PC industry is MUCH more price competitive)

Comment

Depending on how your system is hooked up any extra piece of equipment that the signal must go through can change the outcome. On your computer it goes digital to the sound card which then converts to analog for the speakers. Depending on how you have hooked into your car stereo there are other pieces that may alter the final output.
      Also one must remember that a car was made to be driven. It does not have the same acoustic properties of say a concert hall or opera house. I have heard systems in cars that have been great in one but be lacking in others. Good quality equipment helps but is must be tuned to sound in your car the same as it did in the studio it was recorded, that is the hard part.
      If you can describe the way your sound is routed, all the way from computer to speakers, along with makes and models I might be able to give you more advice.

Comment

Iīm on the way to put mp3 sound in my car , I bought the 6" lcd , and now Iīm planning very carefully what kind of sound card and speakers Iīm going to install ,I will choose a xitel sound card but I donīt know what kind of speakers put , maybe pc speakers or car speakers , thatīs the hard part , Iīm thinking in Jl in the behind doors and aura in the front doors , what do you suggest me , my car is a ford focus.
        Thank you

Comment

I forgot the route of the sound:
          4 channel sound card output to a kenwood kac-648s 4channel-50 watts amplifier and then to 4 speakers

Comment

What should I put in my land rover?

Comment

I have a Blaupunkt Las Vegas head unit. It's sweet cause the input it in the back so you don't have wires running all over the place. Four infinity kappa series three-ways hooked up to a Clarion APA4162 amp. Two rockford DVCs are powered up by a rockford Power 800a2 amp. I just ran a 1/8th" line from the sound card into the back of the head unit and she was ready to roll. Control of the PC is either through the numeric keypad or the palmIII running PalmAMP. If anyone is interested in using a palm pilot this way I definently recommend the uni-mount system. It was probally saved me from a million car wreaks
              <A HREF="http://mp3mercury.ghettoware.net[/URL" TARGET=_blank>
              [URL=http://mp3mercury.mp3car.com]http://mp3mercury.mp3car.com</A>

Comment

Theres one thing for sure.. don't put computer speakers in your car.. often they will have a different resistance than car speakers.. and if you try and run them off the head deck they could ruin the head deck or the speakers..

I suggest you just get a head deck that has AUX in and just hook up some good speakers to the head unit..

Comment

Working...
                X