Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS2 Eyetoy as camera on carputer...works!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS2 Eyetoy as camera on carputer...works!

For those of you that have a Eyetoy for your PS2, you can use it as a camera on the carputer. Its USB and the framerates are great (60fps+). Just some info i thought someone could use. It may not be the best, but im not too familiar what else is out there for car cameras.

Here is all the drivers and video capturing you need.

Link
    2004 F-150
    Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
    "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Originally posted by RaZor
    For those of you that have a Eyetoy for your PS2, you can use it as a camera on the carputer. Its USB and the framerates are great (60fps+). Just some info i thought someone could use. It may not be the best, but im not too familiar what else is out there for car cameras.

Here is all the drivers and video capturing you need.

Link
    It works because the Eyetoy is essentially just a webcam.

Comment

good find there, not many pc usb webcams do 60fps

Comment

Anyone knows if any of the 3 EyeToy models for PS2 is better than the others for a carpc cam?
        It seems the newer model is different from the others in it is silver and smaller but couldn't find any information on the chip specifications.

Comment

I bought the silver one (SCEH-0004) new in box and works great. Theres only one issue I have experienced in that sometimes winxp will say that the usb device malfunctioned and wont recognize it. Disabling and re-enabling the device or usb hub where is connected wont work. It will only start working again after unplugging it and plugging back.
          To avoid having to turn the car off to reset the eyetoy I added a normally close pushbutton to the eyetoy that will reset the device when pushed. That solved my problem and I no longer have to turn the carputer and car off to reset the device.

Comment

yeah this has been available ever since the original eyetoy i thort it was common knowledge and i never thought they were good enough resoluton for any applications except for webcam i never thort ti use it in my car lol

1993 Mitsubishi Verada

My Ride

Comment

You can also use a PS3 eyecam and the quality is awesome.
              640x480 at 60 fps, 320x240 at 120 fps
              My BMW E46 carpc
              My iGuidance 4 skin
              FS transflective 2008 lilliput

Comment

cant beat 4.99 at any local gamestop.
                Macbook Pro- OSX/Vista Ultimate - 2.16 cd 1.5gb ram 100gb hd
                Macbook- OSX/Vista Ultimate/Ubuntu - 2.4 c2d 2gb ram 160gb hd

8gb iphone
                8gb ipod touch

Comment

i have one and i got it used to use in my carputer. i havent gotten around do adding it and setting it up yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X