• RDS Tuner for USB

This device looks promising this is what we all looking after

P811 AM/FM RDS Tuner for USB
    http://www.whitebream.com/p811.shtml

but it is not ready yet
    send him a mail and show that we all waiting for the device to be available
    it might make him more interesting to finish
    Everyting that has a begining has to have a end

hehe what a pun. stay tuned for updates.

Comment

I'm wondering if anyone has tried to do this themselves, i mean building a radio with usb ?

Found some chips for the radio and the usb part of it : http://www.futurlec.com/News/Atmel/AMFM.html

http://www.delcom-eng.com/products_USBIO.asp
      Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Be nice to see if this actually materialises Will more than likely want one if it can do RDS-TMC
        Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
        Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

Might as well get a USB DAB tuner

Comment

ya, but dab is for denmark anyways only a select few channels unfortunately. the channels i would be listening to are not on dab :-(

Jan
            Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

the chipset in the D link supports AM / FM / FM stereo and apparently RDS
              the drivers dont take full use of the chipset
              Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

Originally posted by SAScooby
                the chipset in the D link supports AM / FM / FM stereo and apparently RDS
                the drivers dont take full use of the chipset
                Really...if so, then that is VERY interesting!

Maybe we need some hardware gurus to take a look and re-write the drivers to enable these features.

This however is something that I'm not familiar with at all, so I don't nominate myself to do it

Garry
                Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by Confused
                  Really...if so, then that is VERY interesting!

Maybe we need some hardware gurus to take a look and re-write the drivers to enable these features.

This however is something that I'm not familiar with at all, so I don't nominate myself to do it

Garry

Someone did, do a search - and is looking at the D-Link at the moment. I don't think the bit is actually connected, so the D-Link would need an extra wire to the serial port?
                  Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
                  Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

I saw this and this a while back and thought it looked interesting. It looks like a good starting point if you changed to an automotive tuner module and a USB pic.

Comment

In the software development forum we were talking about RDS and D-Link. I've built a small RDS demodulator (2 ICs and a bunch of other passive components) and wrote a library for it. It needs a COM port for the RDS stream.
                      On the hardware side, the demodulator can be hooked to any fm tuner, D-Link included (the D-Link chip can't demodulate/decode RDS subcarrier).
                      What i need is to finish up the library and some developer to be interested in implementing his radio module with my library.
                      In this post you'll find a screenshot of the tester application:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...hlight=RDS+TMC

Cheers

Installation: 90% complete - fiberglassing
                      EPIA M10000 - 512Mb - 20GB
                      Lilliput 7" TS - Opus 150W PCB - DLink USB Radio - slim CD-ROM - SoundBlaster MP3+ - not so crappy 40x4 Amp - BU303 GPS (waiting for) - BT support

Comment

Working...
                      X