Quick Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question

I have an old computer setting around (200 MHz, 48 mb RAM and so on) I was planning on installing in my car. I plan on using the 5" LCD from parts express and a 300 watt power inverter from target (cheap). My only dilemma is for a way to control it, should I use IRMan http://www.evation.com/irman/
    or the Mouse Remote http://www.x10.com/products/x10_mk19a.htm

both sound good, I was just wondering what other people thought b/c I can't use both and they both cost about the same give or take $5.
    thanks

Yes, IRman or X-10 will do. Also take a look at my app#2 (cobra II).

ip : 128.8.187.126
    l/p: pictures

abcd-1
    abcd-1
    Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
    You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

my vote swings to IRman because you can use any generic remote, can program any key to do anything. Im biassed because I have not used the X-10, but then again no reason to try it when I have the exact thing I wanted.
      One thing about the Irman is that you can use any remote that is Infrared (99% of todays remotes are) that includes credit card size remotes. Maybe someone who has used both can give better insight, but go for the IRman.

Grand Am-P3

[This message has been edited by grandamp3 (edited 06-30-2000).]
      The Grand aMP3 Project
      Car: 96 Pontiac Grand Am
      Current Setup: AMD K62 300MHz, 64MB DIMM RAM, 20GB WD Hard Drive, Basic Video & Sound

Comment

Does that include remotes that control a head unit? that'd be pimp.
        Laterz
        SSJGogeta

Comment

grandamp3, i have used both and as a matter of fact i still have my x-10 here. The problem with going with X-10 is that you are stuck with that remote and u can run out of combination. But with IR, it is endless and u can even use two remotes when u start running out of signals.... if u follow what i mean.

abcd-1
          abcd-1
          Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
          You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

Thanks for the input!
            I think I'll go with the IRMan because more people have it and it seems to work for everyone.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X