MP3 CD Changer???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 CD Changer???

Does anyone know of a CD Changer that ALSO plays MP3 cd's?? I am looking to add a cd changer to my car, and would love for it to have MP3 capability... If none of the big companies have pulled this off yet, I'd be surprised! As many people want to add Changers, and mp3 capability... Any advice or info would be great!
    Thanks,
    Jonathan
    JZ CarPC - 1998 Volvo C70
    Shuttle SV-24 Celery 400Mhz 128MB SDRAM 60GB HD DVD, 12.1" VGA TFT LCD, Sproggy/Mastero DC-DC ATX PSU, Mucha ATX shutdown controller, Co-Pilot GPS

Try www.phatnoise.com
    Not exactly a "CD Changer" but it might be what you're looking for.
    1983 BMW 733i
    Cyrix 166 32MB with MPXPLAY And no display. Player sits on the back seat with a keypad in front. Someday I'll mount this thing for good...
    Gathering parts for carplayer v2.0!

Comment

I have a 6 disk CD-ROM changer in my car computer. I found it on eBay if that would help.
      http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/Maveric/ M.A.V.I.C. System
      Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case.

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/listings/ MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

Comment

Rockford-Fosgate makes a pretty cool changer. You can get more info on it here. It uses flash media instead of CD's though.

Comment

i believe that sony actually came out with a changer that plays mp3 cd's i think i saw it in crutchfield.
          System: AMD Duron 1200+ , 512 MB ram , usb sb mp3+ , Tview 7" touchscreen , M1-ATX PSU , Slot Load iMac DVD-Rom , 40 GB laptop HDD, netgear USB 802.11g

Progress: Installation: 90% Dash fabrication: 80%

Parts Needed: USB GPS

Comment

try SONY's CDX757MX, Alpine CHA-S634, Clarion VCZ625 changers
            NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
            If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

Kenwood Excelon KDC-CX89
              10-disc CD/MP3 Changer

I considered this before deciding to go the carputer route.

Comment

This was only my logic, but the point of having a 10 disc cd changer was so you could get 150 songs in your car. When you cna get 150 mp3s on a cd, do you really need a changer? (i mean more is better, and i have 7000 songs on my carpc, but for the average person?).
                -Nick

Comment

Working...
                X