• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB to IDE.

Some of you may want this.

http://www.rbmods.com/Articles/Eksit...eadapter/1.php
    2011 Nissan Frontier SL
    AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
    OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Yeah, I was just looking at that article. Looks great and has a nice price! There is one thing i am concerned with though. If I bought one then I would use it for my DVD player. My question is: Does the sound still work with the player? Will there be a sound signal going through the USB cable? Or will I have to rig some wire from the DVD sound port and run it to the audio input of my USB soundcard?

Anyone have any experiance with these? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Well windows media player doesnt require the audio cable. Im not sure if winamp does or not. It all depends on what your using as your player.
      2011 Nissan Frontier SL
      AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
      OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

I have a couple things like that, run most of my stuff usb now to keep my laptop small

Comment

I no long use the AUDIO cable even when they are included with the drive. I haven't used one for several years on any of the systems that I've built. Just one more wire to look ugly and serve no purpose.

Also, be aware that the power cable on that thing is designed for 220v. There are better ones on Ebay and NewEgg.

Derek
          Progress [||-------]
          View my Worklog to see some of my progress.
          Downgraded Progress - Starting with another car... 09/13/06

Comment

try www.hoct.com. I have the 2.5" and the 5.25". I've seen a couple bad reviews of them on pricewatch but I've ordered one of the 2.5", two of the 5.25" and a couple hard drives and got them all quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by eugenen
              try www.hoct.com. I have the 2.5" and the 5.25". I've seen a couple bad reviews of them on pricewatch but I've ordered one of the 2.5", two of the 5.25" and a couple hard drives and got them all quickly.
              That 2.5" enclosure has got a pretty good price. May grab me one to use with one of my 2.5" drives.

Derek
              Progress [||-------]
              View my Worklog to see some of my progress.
              Downgraded Progress - Starting with another car... 09/13/06

Comment

i bought one of this guy at e-bay, very good price, and the adaptor is smaller than the one in that review i think

http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....ort=3&since=-1

Comment

Originally posted by d_sellers1
                  That 2.5" enclosure has got a pretty good price. May grab me one to use with one of my 2.5" drives.

Derek
                  I put my 20g laptop drive in when I upgraded to a 60g. The 5.25 are decent at around $ as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X