Stupid Nano-ITX question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Nano-ITX question...

I was doing some reading up on nano itx and noticed that the onboard audio is something called VIA Vinyl Six-TRAC 6-channel ACí97 Audio. Now maby its just me, but something about the "vinyl six trac" part scarres me. Does that mean that the audio is going to really suck? The vinyl part makes me thing of a record, and the 6 trac makes me thing of those old 8 trac things. So go ahead and laugh you *** off at me, do what ever, i just hope im wrong.

I think the Vinyl part is where they digitally add some clicks and skips and stuff to remind you of the old days. heehee just kidding
    VIA Vinyl Audio
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bringing forth all that PC audio can provide, VIA has developed Vinyl Audio, representing the highest level of audio quality in a mainstream integrated solution. Putting together a powerful combination of VIA's acclaimed Southbridge technology with VIA's Six-TRAC Codec, and the new Stylus Audio driver, Vinyl Audio enables users to enjoy music, watch the latest DVD-Movies, play games, record and create content, and connect to the latest devices all with crisp clear performance that is sure to bring your audio to life!

For more info about Vinyl Audio click here.

Comment

The ACí97 Audio is descent, unless you have really good speakers and a nice system, then you'll notice its less than perfect. But for 99% of appz inclunding most mp3ing (as most are <200 kbps quality.) It's also a cheap, small chipset which is why it's liked by so many.
      ,./(0)3

'04 Canyon 4x4 pickup

[---PC on hold----working on external fiberglass "tool" box---]

Comment

Originally posted by eCarô

I think the Vinyl part is where they digitally add some clicks and skips and stuff to remind you of the old days. heehee just kidding
        LOL you just made my day. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X