No announcement yet.

Will This work ?? Opinions needed

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will This work ?? Opinions needed

Im finally going to pruchase some parts and i was wondering if my idea is going to work.

This board i see people talking about seems to be a decent board....

It says it has tv out with an rca cable for the output.

This is the monitor that i am looking into buying....

And a USB touch screen kit from...

What i need to know is if i put this touch screen kit in to the monitor above and install XP as an OS using the 15 pin port for vga with another monitor will i then be able to use the monitor through the rca input like a tv and still have touch screen capabilties?

Hope i made this clear and i hope someone can help me out.

Thanks for any help in advance

• #2 many screens are you planning to have in your car?

1. You have to understand TV output is a very poor quality for text...If you're planning to read stuff on that screen...good luck guessing the letters.

2. Yes you can do your setup...If I understand correctly. You want LCD monitor with Touchscreen, output from TV-out + another monitor plugs in the VGA port.

The touchscreen kit is almost like a mouse itself. When you calibrate it, it will function even with the LCD off.

So the quality of the screen when going through the rca jack is going ot be poor ..

I was hoping it wouldnt be all that bad. The reason i wanted to do this is that it saves me some money and i only can find one place that has a LCD monitor in that kind of chasis "Motorized that is". They have a description on how to mod a Lilliput but i am not sur ei want to try to solder some stuff on a a monitor. So i guess i am goingto have to fork out a wack of money for a LCD screen in that type of chasis unless someone knwos where i can get a better deal then $600+ American.

In addition

I forgot to mention that the monitor does not have a 15 pin vga connection.

This board i see people talking about seems to be a decent board....

Where is a good place to buy this board in the US? Thanx