Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No AC, summer heat...can i still have a carPC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No AC, summer heat...can i still have a carPC?

so this is my problem. i have a black vehicle with dark tints and a climate that gets icky hot. i don't have ac [i'm actually wondering how much it costs to install], and i still want a carPC.

what are some cooling ideas? are fans enough? [i figured they wouln't be, since they'd be shoving around hot air.] is it possible to make a little bitty air conditioner for my computer?

btw, i've been thinking of extending the console [fiberglass fabrication job] between the seats so that it goes backward and houses the computer. just thought i'd mention that, so you'd know where the computer would be. it's not in the direct sunlight, but my car still gets hot!
    don't let a day go by without finding some wonder in it...

I sort of have the same problem. My Ac will cool but only if I have the defroster on.. wierd eh? and its not really.. "cold" air.. its cool but not.. cold lol. If your carputer is in the trunk dont think it will really matter if your ac is working or not.. unless you extend a air duck to there. I'm not to entirely sure.. Im still a nub, and still doing many searchs..
    05 Acura RSX Type S
    - Back to the Planning Stage -
    ETA: ???

Comment

this is where i planned on putting the computer - [i'm trying to design a fiberglass mold or modification that'll look like this]

i have it like this so i can have easy access to the computer and the cd drive

here are some ideas http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23139
      Attached Files

Comment

you should come to the atlanta meet on JUL24
        Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
        Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
        I'M DEBT FREE!!
        I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

you'll be fine just make sure you have a intake and outtake fan in your case and have some good airflow
          '98 Explorer Sport
          http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
          AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
          80% done

Comment

wizard - about the meet - i would, but i hafta go to dallas that weekend...

and hijinks - you think so? i also noticed that my car might not be so bad; i've left a jug of water in the back seat and/or on the floor, and even if the truck is parked in the blazing sun i come back to find the jug cool to the touch...

Comment

Working...
            X