DLink DSB-R100 Install Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLink DSB-R100 Install Problems

I have a DSB-R100, which had been boxed ever since I went completely to XP. I was even thinking of selling it until a couple of weeks ago when I noticed that DLink finally brought out an XP driver.

I tried installing the drivers from the American and the Australian sites. The radio shows up as a Gemtek under Device Manager when attached, but I can't see it with DLink's radio program, or with Radiator. In the end I have uninstalled the device.

Some of you have been able to get this little device to run perfectly under WinXP, but I just don't seem to be able to get it working. Can anybody give me some hints?

Thanks,
    David

the gemtek driver should work...if you around the forum, there is a link to another gemtek driver that some people have used; If you cannot get it working, I would be very interested in buying it off of you; I cant find the tuner anywhere

Comment

Hi
      I also am looking for the dlink dsb-r100, as i use win2k. (much better imho)
      If you got it, let me know. some on ebay at 4.00 <$8 atm
      www.leoncupra.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Pabs
        Hi
        I also am looking for the dlink dsb-r100, as i use win2k. (much better imho)
        If you got it, let me know. some on ebay at 4.00 <$8 atm
        Where on ebay did you find the fm tuner?!? I looked just now and couldnt find it...PLEASE send me the link?

Comment

ran acrossed this one:
          http://www.laptopmania.com/mp3/p017540.shtml
          and this
          http://www.keyboardco.com/CAMRAD001.htm
          '95 2 door Yukon

in dash Xenarc 700TSV
          /w HP laptop

into (installed)
          HU Alpine 9827 \ AMPS MRD-F540 + M301
          MB Quart 216\213 + DVC 10 Sub

CarPC Pics

Comment

Originally posted by gareva1
            Where on ebay did you find the fm tuner?!? I looked just now and couldnt find it...PLEASE send me the link?
            well, there are 4 or 5 of these on the UK english ebay, and some are Buy it now for 9.99 ($18)

www.leoncupra.co.uk

Comment

Searh the MEdia Engiene Forum (in Software) for D-Link DRU Problems, there was a thread started by someone called Vicky and it has the link for the GemTek drivers...

Not that i want to make it to easy for you!..... Mine runs perfectly under XP, mustbe the drivers provided on the CD.

Have fun, ON2

Comment

Originally posted by Pabs
                well, there are 4 or 5 of these on the UK english ebay, and some are Buy it now for 9.99 ($18)

please send me the link to one of the auctions, or whatever search string you are using; just went to the ebay.co.uk and couldnt pull up any of these

Comment

Originally posted by Twopoint
                  also, laptopmania no longer has these, they just havent updated their site; I dropped keyboardco an email about an hour ago, and am awaiting a response

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...108941347&rd=1

I have just noticed a slightly different model name: DRU-R100 not DSB-R100.
                    Anyone know the difference? I have looked on the net and they seem to be identical according to specs....
                    www.leoncupra.co.uk

Comment

well the only difference may be that mediaengine may not work with the dsu model...not a question I can answer though

Comment

nor me, who knows? I am gonna get one anyway. Hardly a huge loss if its only 5!!!!
                        www.leoncupra.co.uk

Comment

unfortunately, none of the auctions will ship to the states

Comment

Working...
                          X