Going Headless or Will this work for AM/FM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Headless or Will this work for AM/FM

Sorry- my first post. Found this on the web and wondered if it may work for the am/fm? Plus you get shortwave too. Kinda pricey at $374.95

Just planning rite now, Looking to install in a Dodge Magnum

Thanks
    John

http://www.chq-inc.com/asp/details.a...-1000&man=ic-r

get a d-link usb radio for ebay from $30 much cheaper. No am but it does have FM.

Comment

thats more of a scanner than simple am/fm radio tuner.
      Mods: 18" Boss rims,Twin custom stainless exhaust,cold air induction.
      Sound: Pioneer 7400 HU & 6x9's,12" Vibe Sub,600W Kenwood amp.
      CarPC: MicroATX, Inverter, WinTV, Lilliput 7", USB GPS
      http://www.no1knows.com/galleries/

Comment

Originally posted by MagRam
        Sorry- my first post. Found this on the web and wondered if it may work for the am/fm? Plus you get shortwave too. Kinda pricey at $374.95
        I own an ICOM PCR-1000, and it is definitely not suited to car audio. First off, it is mono only - that would suck when listening to tuneage. :-)

If you're into communications, it is a reasonable scanner, and offers a wide range of frequency coverage and modes for relatively low bucks.

Having it connected to my car computer might be interesting when I'm parked somewhere and bored, but I can't see myself using it regularly.
        SeeYa! -Jim-

Comment

Didn't think about it not being stereo. I need the AM also, Lots of talk radio listening.

I'll keep searching.

Thanks for the replies

John

Comment

Look up Radioman. Frodo is currently integrating it into the frodoplayer. the jureys not in as for reception but it does have the am/fm capabilites. It is a serial device
            -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Originally posted by STI_FFY
              I own an ICOM PCR-1000, and it is definitely not suited to car audio. First off, it is mono only - that would suck when listening to tuneage. :-)

If you're into communications, it is a reasonable scanner, and offers a wide range of frequency coverage and modes for relatively low bucks.

Having it connected to my car computer might be interesting when I'm parked somewhere and bored, but I can't see myself using it regularly.
              Does this unit require you to plug it into an audio-in jack on the comp, or does the audio come through the serial cable?
              95 Chevy G20 Vroom Boom Room
              ...with a whole bunch of nifty ****... go check it out: VanDomain Page

Comment

Originally posted by VanMan69
                Does this unit require you to plug it into an audio-in jack on the comp, or does the audio come through the serial cable?
                The serial port is for control only. There are audio output jacks on the PCR100 and PCR1000 units.
                System status: in progress

Comment

Working...
                X