ati all-in-wonder?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ati all-in-wonder?

Hey all, I am looking into getting a all-in-wonder but I am just wondering, I have seen some talk about people using the all-in-wonder VE but I know u can get the older ATI Rage 128 Pro ALL-IN-Wonder that is discontinued off ebay for a lot cheaper.

Does any one use the older ATI Rage 128 Pro ALL-IN-Wonder and if so how does it work?

Would I get that much of a benefit to pay twice as much for the newer VE?

Are there any alternatives to the all-in-wonder that have tv in and tv out and vga out and have similar capabilities to the all in wonder?

And one last thing to any one that uses a all in wonder can u have the tv on and your computer monitor on at that same time or only tv or computer. Just wondering because I am going to be using my lilliput up from but I have a lcd in the back and I want to have them both displaying the same thing at the same time.

Thanks for all the help
    Starting an install in a 02 s4 when I get time, which will probably about the time i am looking to sell the car. Got to love it

I have been using the AIW line for quite some time and I personally think they have gotten better with time...but for your application wouldn't worry that much about shelling out the money for the newer one.

I have had issues thou that you might wanna look out for. Alot of video feeds will not display on a secondary monitor. For instance if you are playing back a MPG in media player and you have showing on both screens....it will only show the actaul video on the primary screen....

I admit I don't remember which exact cards that I have had this issue with but it is worth looking into if you want to go this route.

I never tried splitting the displays between TV and PC on the older cards but I can confirm that you can do this with the new cards.

Also if all you are going to do is clone the display to a second screen....why wouldn't you just us a VGA splitter....cheaper than even a video card and no worries about that kind stuff mentioned above.

If you are determined to get a video card to do this with....you might look into some of the FireGL cards from Matrox. While not the best for gaming and such they are made for dual and triple displays. Might be another avenue for ya to explore.

Also if you have alot more questions about ATI specific stuff you should check out Rage3D Forums

They have a ton of good info about the AIW cards and lots of helpful people.

Comment

are there VGA splitters you can put vga in and get vga out and composit out i dont have a vga screen in the back of my can just a normal head reast lcd
      Starting an install in a 02 s4 when I get time, which will probably about the time i am looking to sell the car. Got to love it

Comment

I know there are converters that change VGA to RCA/S-Video. I just can't find any at the moment. Another option that you may want to consider is another cheap PCI video card. Windows ME and higher can use more than one video card. This is useful for showing different stuff on each screen(s) or the same thing across all the screens.

Derek
        Progress [||-------]
        View my Worklog to see some of my progress.
        Downgraded Progress - Starting with another car... 09/13/06

Comment

could you do this with the onbored video on a motherboard and then just put in one chaep card or do u have to put in two cards

Comment

does any one know anything more about the ATI Rage 128 Pro ALL-IN-Wonder?

does it the a divix decoder in it?

Comment

Originally posted by vipergda
              does it the a divix decoder in it?
              Think you're asking if the videocard has the Divx decoder built in. If so, then the answer is no. I don't think any has the decoder built in. It is a codec much like a DVD codec decompressed DVD information. www.divx.com

Derek
              Progress [||-------]

Comment

Originally posted by vipergda
                could you do this with the onbored video on a motherboard and then just put in one chaep card or do u have to put in two cards
                Yeah, you can run the onboard. It may or may not conflict. Give it a try. You can also get a dual-head video card. Think ATI, Matrox, and nVidia have some out.

Derek
                Progress [||-------]

Comment

Ok, I have a Q. About a year and a half ago I tried useing dual monitors. When I installed 2 video cards ( one agp and one pci) the video seemed ummmm...I dunno different. Like the quality was split between the two monitors. That was the once and olny time i tried dual monitors. Is this normal? If i can get good quility out of both monitors i would deffenitly do it in my truck. One thing is that my agp card was nvidia and the pci was ati. I know this sounds stupid but did this have anything to do with the quality or compatibility?

Comment

Working...
                  X