800x480 with Radeon 9200 & Xenarc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800x480 with Radeon 9200 & Xenarc

I bought a Radeon 9200 PCI card to go with my VIA M10000 board so I can get 800x480 resolution. I am using a Xenarc monitor so native resolution is 800x480.

Has anyone had success in getting this combo to work? I used powerstrip to try to set a custom resolution of 800x480 but I can't seem to get a good picture. Also, the Xenarc's OSD refuses to say "800x480" when the resolution is set there - it will say something like "1024x(something)".

Has anyone had success in getting 800x480 using a radeon 9200? If so, give me some tips. Otherwise, what is a good PCI video card to use to get 800x480?

http://www.xenarc.com/faq.html#QA1
    1994 RX-7, EPIA P4-ITX w/ Celeron 2.4 Ghz, Arise PSU, Xenarc 700TSV (new model)

Comment

NoPistonPC:

Thanks, but I should have mentioned that I attempted these settings with powerstrip. When used, the display looks like crap and the OSD displays "1024x(something)" can't remember what the "something" is though. In any case, it doesn't register 800x480. Further, the display looks horid with those settings until I change the vertical refresh rate to like 60.3 - but even then I suspect if I can get a better picture still.

If you look on the left side of that picture from Xenarc, it shows that a Radeon 7500 is being used with those settings. I tried to buy one, but I'll be damned if the 7500 wasn't discontinued like 2 days ago from CompUSA.

So...anyone actually used a Radeon 9200 and got the On Screen Display (OSD) to register at 800x480? If so, what settings were used???

Comment

I don't have the settings right off the top of my head, but I at once had an ATI 9200 working with the Xenarc at 800x480. The settings given by Xenarc is a good place to start. I remember mine didn't match exactly but was fairly close. Suggest making small changes, *POWER OFF THE XENARC*, and then turn the Xenarc back on and see if it sync's correctly to 800x480.

Comment

Um, how do you enable the Custom resolutions... button? On mines, it's gray off. I'm using the P4-mini ITX onboard video. It's S3 Savage something.

Comment

Originally posted by nl4jy
            Um, how do you enable the Custom resolutions... button? On mines, it's gray off. I'm using the P4-mini ITX onboard video. It's S3 Savage something.

This has been gone over many many times

Comment

Working...
            X