Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is non-IR rearview camera visible at night with reverse lights on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is non-IR rearview camera visible at night with reverse lights on?

I'm about to purchase a wide view reverse camera for installation in the trunk keyhole...

Was wondering if the the camera would be visible at night when I am reversing and my reverse lights are on? The camera does not have IR-leds nd thus no great night functionality unless a light source were used.

Anyone have any experiences? Thanks!

-HD

bump...cmon someone here must have a rearview camera...

-HD

Comment

i dont have a rearview camera but i suppose it will work, depends how bright your reverse lights are and how good the camera is.
      you could just try and see.

Tom

Comment

Could try brighter reverse bulbs or add some auxiliary ones.
        1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

My rearview camera is pretty much worthless at night. If they are low enough lux to see in the dark, they will get washed out by the guy's headlights behind you. Your reverse lights won't help much.

Comment

actually i have a reverse camera and i changed my reverse bulbs to ultra whites. and they do give me enough light for seeing, it's not phenominal but it definately lights up outline and area.

Comment

just get an IR one and add a huge widespread IR flood illuminator hooked up to your reverse lights.

Comment

Working...
              X