epia M mobo, video driver problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• epia M mobo, video driver problems

I setup an in car pc yesterday, and it loaded up fine to 640x480 with 16 colors, then i put in the 4-1 drivers to update everything, and i restart and i get no signal to the screen. Im assuming the resolution is to high or the RCA output is not activated after than update. What can i do to prevent this?

I had the same problem. Are you running win XP?
    Tidder

Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

What happened with mine is VGA was set as default instead of TV-out. Happened when I installed the newest 4-1 drivers. On post and boot the tv-out would work, then it would default back to VGA. What I did was go into the Display Properties, and changed the output to TV. From then on out it's always defaulted to tv-out.
      Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

how did you go to properties and do that if you couldnt see the screen? Or did you do that BEFORE you installed new drivers, because i feel like that option isnt available, maybe i should run xp (which was the plan anyways) and then i can set that to default before installing new drivers.. right?

Comment

The new drivers will override your defaults anyway, because it has new defaults.
          Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

I actually had to use another computer to get it right. I use a program called RealVNC which lets you use a remote computer across the network like you're sitting right in front of it.
            Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

What you should have did, is installed the new drivers, and before you rebooted set your tv-out as default. I think that would work.
              Tidder

Try RevFE

Comment

aww thats weak, im just gonna have to plug in another monitor , o well
                i was trying to avoid that but i guess the best way to do a computer pc is to set it up before the parts are all in your car

Comment

Originally posted by illycut
                  I setup an in car pc yesterday, and it loaded up fine to 640x480 with 16 colors, then i put in the 4-1 drivers to update everything, and i restart and i get no signal to the screen. Im assuming the resolution is to high or the RCA output is not activated after than update. What can i do to prevent this?
                  Which M motherboard ?
                  Which screen ?

Wizz
                  Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
                  Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
                  Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me when I loaded my 4-1 drivers. It turns out the thing switches over to outputting the signal on the S-VGA adaptor. I hooked it up to my television and switched it back to CRT in BIOS, although it was pretty hard to read! Big relief when it rebooted on the LCD.
                    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                    Want to:
                    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

aww thats weak, im just gonna have to plug in another monitor , o well
                      i was trying to avoid that but i guess the best way to do a computer pc is to set it up before the parts are all in your car
                      Uh no. Press F8 during bootup to get to the XP boot menu. F8 is after the BIOS splash/memtest/hardware diagnostics but before the XP splash screen. Just randomly hit F8 til you get it

Select "Safe Mode". This will boot into a default 640x480 VGA environment with no 3rd party drivers loaded. Once in Safe Mode, make the changes you need to your resolution and/or output device. reboot. All fixed.
                      __
                      Amoebacowboy

"Do Not Taunt Happy-Fun Ball"

Comment

Working...
                      X