Gameports?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gameports?

ANyone know of anyway to get a gameport on an EPIA M9000 other than using the rat shack gameport to ub conenction. This is for my steering wheel conencitons to be hooked up. I was going to use the usb converter but I heard that it doesn't work with the circuit. SO I was wondering what my options are other than buying a new soundcard.
    Computer:
    COMPLETE SYSTEM OVERHAUL!!!!!!
    STAY TUNED IN THE UPCOMING WEEKS!

Why do you think it wouldn't work ?
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

I've actually had better luck hacking up a USB gamepad. When I tried the USB adapter, it would give a different value for a few buttons and the same for others, even after trying different combinations of resistors. I got close, but not close enough to make it reliable. Each car is different though, so it really depends and still might work for yours. There are also new data acquisition devices like Phidgets and the Vellaman one but you would need to write your own software for them.

Comment

I am not certain that it won't work. I will try it out tomorrow. If it doesn't work I might just find a wicked cheap usb gamepad and hack it up for the x and y axis.
        Computer:
        COMPLETE SYSTEM OVERHAUL!!!!!!
        STAY TUNED IN THE UPCOMING WEEKS!

Comment

Working...
        X