Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Freeview Box!?

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Have you lot ever discusses installing a digital freview USB device in your car to your PC.

Thus you will be able to have music channels like TMF and The Hits.

Hauupage do a DEC2000 USB device for about 90. The only thing thing i would be worried about is reception!? Has anyone ever tried it?

Cheers

Dan

I tried to install cable in mine...big mistake

Comment

lol how u manage that, i too was interested in freeview digi box thing, but i doubt il actually watchin in the car.
      CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

Comment

Cheers guys!

Dan

Comment

From what i have heard, and witnessed on my home tv, reception for freeview is terrible atm. I can only pick up around 5-6 of the channels here at home, whereas 2 miles down the road i could get all 40ish channels (inc radio)
          It really depends on your area. If you got a total coverage, then sure, excellent idea.
          However, where i live (south UK) reception is quite poor.
          Hope this helps.
          www.leoncupra.co.uk

Comment

DONT... terrible reception, u need a proper home antenna mounted in the right direction. Tried it with a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T USB, solt it on in the end. Useless in cars.
            Mods: 18" Boss rims,Twin custom stainless exhaust,cold air induction.
            Sound: Pioneer 7400 HU & 6x9's,12" Vibe Sub,600W Kenwood amp.
            CarPC: MicroATX, Inverter, WinTV, Lilliput 7", USB GPS
            http://www.no1knows.com/galleries/

Comment

DONT... terrible reception, u need a proper home antenna mounted in the right direction. Tried it with a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T USB, solt it on in the end. Useless in cars.

Yup same here, I have tried Nova-T and it does need a big aerial for it to work properly.

Comment

Working...
              X