2699 case with opus 90w power supply question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2699 case with opus 90w power supply question

I am new here and have ordered the Morex 2699 case and an opus 90 power supply. I have not recived them yet but am very excited to dive into the carputer world.

My question is, looking at the picture for the case it has a slim drive adaptor hooked to the power supply. I plan on ripping that 60w power supply out and putting the opus in its place. My question is can I unhook that connector and use it on the opus, or should I plan on getting the IDE Slim drive adaptor?

Maybe I should just wait another day or two till it all arrives in the mail, but I am way too excited to get started on this thing, you all have some killer set ups, mad props to each of you!!!!!!!!!!

I have attached pictures of both items to see what I am talking about
    Attached Files

You are looking at that picture wrong. That atx connector is not connected to that adapter.

Edit, wait, maybe it is.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

Thanks frodo, looking at that picture closer now I can see that it is not connected. I thought originally those yellow wires ran too it. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyutah36
        Thanks frodo, looking at that picture closer now I can see that it is not connected. I thought originally those yellow wires ran too it. My bad.
        I found another picture, it IS connected.
        [H]4 Life
        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
        I'm a lesbian too.
        I am for hire!

Comment

Interesting, The case is suppose to come tomorrow, I will post again when I get it too see if it is connected or not. I found one pic for a review of the case, that said the adaptor came but it was not connected at all, it was like the ones on ebay or idotpc sells. Once I get it though I will put on here if the case came with it or not.

Comment

Ok I got the case and it does come with the IDE slim drive adaptor. It was not attached to the power supply it was totally separate.

Comment

good luck!
              "I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I know so!!!!" Now I'm here!!

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

Working...
              X