Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car pcs in the boot w/sub Conclusive answer? yes ive searched

OK

Ive search about this and its all been mixed opinions. There was some ppl with 3.5"...............HD's posting some horror stories and ppl saying get 2.5" laptop ones. Well ive got a 2.5"er.... lucky me ha and wonna stick it in the boot but i am scared about vibrations. (yes we're still talking pcs here)

My changer has always been OK but a carputer, there doesnt seem to be a conclusive answer. How many of you have got them in the boot near/next to a sub

cheers

Jamie

You'll be fine.
    My Install Thread
    digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
    How do I get sound to my car?

Comment

No issues with mine for the past, oh I don't know, 2 years.
      Aura MR62 (F and R)
      My Current MP3s
      IamDefiler.com

Comment

I got a Kicker 10" sub facing my laptop about 3 feet away and have had no problems...
        CarPuter: Dell P3-500 Laptop; D-Link WiFi; Deluo GPS; D-Link Radio; iMac DVD w/ ide2usb
        Audio: Audigy 2 NX; Kicker KX700.5 amp; 20w center amp; Kicker L7 10" Sub
        Display: Lilliput 7" TouchScreen
        CarPuter Install

Comment

my 12" JL is 1 foot away from my HDD, they are attatched to the same box, i think i'm asking for trouble
          Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

Comment

I was in a car accident where my car was literally bent in half (passenger side) and totalled. Thankfully I was ok and so was my hard drive.
            My Install Thread
            digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta

Comment

As far as magnetism goes, you will be ok unless you physically put the hard drive ON the magnet.

As for vibrations, I wouldn't mount it real close.
              [H]4 Life
              My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
              It will be done sometime in the next generation.
              I'm a lesbian too.
              I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by live2themaxuk
                There was some ppl with 3.5"...............HD's posting some horror stories and ppl saying get 2.5" laptop ones. Well ive got a 2.5"er
                Let me just tell you my story. I had a 30gig 2.5" drive in my ride, and it would skip constantly. Engine vibrations, too deep/loud of a bass note (my drive was even in the dash), bumps in the road. These little drives seem too sensitive. It finally crashed so I got a 20 gig 2.5" and it did the same thing. So rather than crashing that one too, I just opted for the 40gig 3.5" drive. I haven't had any problems with it yet, and I've had it installed for about 2 weeks.
                Tidder

Try RevFE
                The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

i was also in an accident in a caravan, i was rearended by a ram truck. it was doing 55 mph i was standing still i was then pushed into the rear of a new gmc.thay hit me so hard that a pop can in a cooler came out and broke my windshield! after gathering my thoughts and geting info/cops ect. the towtruck driver ask if i needed anything from my van. i didnt think about turning off the key when i got out. so i gthering my stuff ( i was on a trip from key west) lots of stuff, i noticed my screen was just sitting on the floor of my van waiting for my to type in my password.i was and still am using a 3 1/2 harddrive. also a new van that one was totled in that accident

Comment

cheers for the replys, keep em coming

you get the odd person that gets probs though

Jamie

Comment

I should also mention that my HD was a 3.5"
                      My Install Thread
                      digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta

Comment

Working...