Sound Quality with External USB Soundcard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Quality with External USB Soundcard

I have a Sound Blasters MP3 external USB card and when I first installed it, the sound was very nice - tight bass, good sound quality - great volume! However, recently I noticed that my HU which is wired to the same amps has a much better sound. Cleaner bass, louder volume, etc. The sound card seems like it is worn out. Is this possible? I only bought the $40 one, so that could be my fault. Any ideas? I have the PC volume set to 100% and I have heard that can cause problems - but the sound quality has just gone down. Any help is greatly appreciated!

P.S. Anyone in the San Diego Area?
    2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71
    STOLEN - M10000, 512MB, 60GB 2.5" HDD, 7" Custom mounted Lilliput, Morex 3688 Case, 90W PSU w/ ITPS, GPS & CD-RW/DVD. New parts ordered for the next generation!

Did you try using line drivers?

Comment

excuse my ignorance... what are line drivers?
      2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71
      STOLEN - M10000, 512MB, 60GB 2.5" HDD, 7" Custom mounted Lilliput, Morex 3688 Case, 90W PSU w/ ITPS, GPS & CD-RW/DVD. New parts ordered for the next generation!

Comment

it basically drives the line, the output voltage on your card is probably below 1volt, a line driver would make it a higher output voltage, which would give you a cleaner signal without turning up the gain to adjust for it, which causes distortion, most HU's nowadays already have a nice output voltage...3-6 volts usually, so headunits dont require external line drivers because they have them built in!

Comment

Working...
        X