Anyone with touchscreens???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with touchscreens???

I was wondering if anyone has a touchscreen hooked up to their setup. I would like to know how run programs with it.

I have one made by Dynapro on my 6.4" LCD. It works just like a mouse. There's a little utility to switch mouse buttons, and there are programs available to simulate a keyboard. I run Winamp in doublesize mode, and its just like pushing buttons on a regular stereo.

Comment

DO they make a 4" model? does anyone have a 4" touch screen or know where they can be aquired?

Chainsaw

Originally posted by lifter:
      I have one made by Dynapro on my 6.4" LCD. It works just like a mouse. There's a little utility to switch mouse buttons, and there are programs available to simulate a keyboard. I run Winamp in doublesize mode, and its just like pushing buttons on a regular stereo.
      -Jason
      mp3it - MP3 Software for Small LCD Screens for use in the car.
      and
      <A HREF="http://www.mp3mystic.com" TARGET=_blank>
      MP3Mystic</A> - a personal MP3 Server software for windows.

Comment

Lifter, first off, how much did everything cost you for the screen, controller, etc.

Is there any issues with the screen in the car and the extreme temp. changes?

How do you program it? Is it all software or is there soldering involved?

Do you like it...

Thanks

Comment

Check out http://www.flat-panel.com/touch.htm - they have 2 different kits that will convert any LCD into a touch screen.

Brian

Comment

I found a 10" touchscreen LCD on EBAY. Search under "touch flat screen"

Comment

Qayin, how much did you pay?

I have been looking at www.flat-panel.com and am considering them, but there stuff is recycled, and while I am sure it will be good quality, Dyanpro looks like the best out there.

Also, I am very interested in getting a screen with a 16x9 asect ratio. Dyanpro can make those....depending on the price of course...

Comment

Working...
              X