DVD Playback Problems!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Playback Problems!

I posted this in the Newbie Forum at first, didn't get much help there so I thought I might try in here =)

This problem is really getting on my nerves. If you have any suggestion of what I could try please don't hesitate to post it. I'll try anything.

( Originally posted in Newbie Section )

Im having some serious difficulties playing DVD movies on my new system.

I have tryied with frodoplayer and PowerDVD.

Both give me the same "lagging" effect. I hope you understand what i meen.
    (The DVD doesn't run smoothly)

The system:

Epia M10000
    512mb RAM
    40gig Hitachi 2,5" 5400RPM
    Sony CDRW/DVD combo

I have tryied with both DMA enbled and disabled on the DVD player.

It would be very helpfull with any tips on what the problem might be.

Thanks, Kalle
    Progress Meter [||||||||||]

I Have: Epia M10000, 40gb 2,5HDD, 512mb Ram, 2,5" Slimline CDRW/DVD Combo, Inside a Morex 3688. USB GPS Mouse.

I Need: USB Fm Radio, USB 2.0 Hubb, Wiring

when i first started i bought a screen but it wasn't a tft screen. i learned the hard way. the video looked slow during some faster movement. maybe this is your problem?
    99.9% complete.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/212327

Comment

I have a Lilliput TFT just like most others, so that shouldn't be the problem. The first couple of seconds it runs smooth then it starts. I'm having a hard time to explain this in English. Just can't find the right word. But it looks just like you try to play a 3D game that your computer isn't fast enought to handle. It doesn't run smoothly. You see frame by frame etc.

/Kalle

I Have: Epia M10000, 40gb 2,5HDD, 512mb Ram, 2,5" Slimline CDRW/DVD Combo, Inside a Morex 3688. USB GPS Mouse.

Comment

wow that slow...i have same set up..no problem? what dvd player are you using?
        DICE Los Angeles
        ]

Comment

Originally posted by Kalle.se
          I posted this in the Newbie Forum at first, didn't get much help there so I thought I might try in here =)

This problem is really getting on my nerves. If you have any suggestion of what I could try please don't hesitate to post it. I'll try anything.

( Originally posted in Newbie Section )

Im having some serious difficulties playing DVD movies on my new system.

I have tryied with frodoplayer and PowerDVD.

Both give me the same "lagging" effect. I hope you understand what i meen.
          (The DVD doesn't run smoothly)

The system:

Epia M10000
          512mb RAM
          40gig Hitachi 2,5" 5400RPM
          Sony CDRW/DVD combo

I have tryied with both DMA enbled and disabled on the DVD player.

It would be very helpfull with any tips on what the problem might be.

Thanks, Kalle

1) Install the latest drivers for all the components of the M10000.

2) Try to put the DVD and the hard drive in master mode each at a different IDE channel. (Not together as master/slave that is ).

3) Enable DMA.

4) Enable hardware acceleration on PowerDVD settings.

5) Uninstall any other DVD decoder except CyberLink's one (PowerDVD). It is the only one known of utilising the DXVA acceleration of the CLE266 chipset.

6) Unload any CPU hungry app that is running in the background (Norton AntiVirus for example).

Can't think of anything else. Hope this helps.

Comment

I've tested everything you suggested exceept no 1. Can't find any newer drivers on Vias site then the ones that came with the board. I'm starting to think it could be something with the vga card. I tested with the visualization option in winamp. (the one that makes effect in movement with the beet of the music) This give me exact same effect as when I try to fire up a DVD movie. It just doesn't run smoothly. This is eating me up. I was supposed to install it in the car this weekend but this problem is messing with my plans. I've got everything else to work.

Any other ideas? =)

Kind Regards Kalle

Comment

It sounds like your computer is'nt fast enough to encode the dvd, but I've got the same motherboard, and also 512 mb of ram, and I'm not having any problems at all (runnig WinDVD at the moment, but don't think that matters).

Absolutely sure you got the drivers right?
              My carputer

Old one

Comment

are you using the onboard video or did you add a video card? also do you have a diffrent dvd drive that you can just try maybe there is just a problem with the drive.
                肚子笑痛了
                S60 Install

Comment

I'm not sure about the drivers at all. Could you please paste a link if you got one to where I can download the newest drivers? I checked on viamainboards.com and the drivers there was the same as the ones that was shipped with the board.

I don't have a other DVD drive, But I guess I'll be talking the system apart tomorrow and try the driver against my desktop computer.

Comment

Here's the drivers.

http://www.viaembedded.com/product/D...therboardId=81

I guess its the drivers, or something like that, since you got the same problem with winamp visualisations.

It sounds rather strange thou
                    My carputer

Old one

Comment

Just tryied to install the 4in1 and the VGA driver. No difference, this is really really starting to **** me of.

Thans for the link anyways Manana!

Any other ideas guys? I'm out of ideas and full of bashing computer thoughts!

BTW! I'm running WinMe at the moment. Could this be the source of my problems? Don't think so myself but anyone might of heard about som incompatible issue!

Comment

Well I finally got aroud to pick the computer apart. And now when I'm running the DVD from outside of the case it works great!

I'm very happy about this! But i still don't have clue why it's doing this when the computer is fully assembled!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalle.se
                          Well I finally got aroud to pick the computer apart. And now when I'm running the DVD from outside of the case it works great!

I'm very happy about this! But i still don't have clue why it's doing this when the computer is fully assembled!
                          Heat maybe ?
                          [H]4 Life
                          My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                          It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                          I'm a lesbian too.
                          I am for hire!

Comment

Would heat really cause choppy video? I'm having choppy video also

Comment

Working...
                            X