Opus remote trigger. Amp turn on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opus remote trigger. Amp turn on

I there, i no dont have a head unit. My opus doesnt have a remote trigger as standard but ive found the point i need to solder onto, its just the delay is 42 seconds after the computer first gets power! Thats far too long. WHat are other options to turn on amp after a lesser time, say 10seconds.

cheers

Jamie

You can just use a 12V output from your Opus. If you need a delay, you can build a simple RC circuit, or use a simple 555 timer based circuit. Alternatively, you can hook your amp-turn on lead to your serial port through a simple switching transistor. This will allow you turn your amp on/off programmatically whenever you like.

I believe this has been discussed several times before. Did you try the search button?
    2004 4runner

Comment

yeah, found a few solutions. Id live a turn on delay unit but id have to get it from th US of A. cant find any in UK. Shame oopus ain t adjustable

Comment

Put a wire from the 12V connection on the 4 pin molex through a relay hooked up to the ignition to the remote turn on on the amp

This will turn the amp on after the Opus has powered up, and when you turn off the ignition, it will turn the amp off. The other option (of hooking the 12V from the Opus direct to the amp) is that it will still "thud" when you shut down the PC, which the method above will avoid

(See attached image)

Garry
        Attached Files
        Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
        www.aimee.cc

Comment

COnfused = top man

have a buscuit, or a beer on me Ill give that a go tomorrow. SO i shouldnt get any probs with the Amp/PC coming ON simultaneously?

cheers

Jamie

Comment

Originally posted by live2themaxuk
            I there, i no dont have a head unit. My opus doesnt have a remote trigger as standard but ive found the point i need to solder onto, its just the delay is 42 seconds after the computer first gets power! Thats far too long. WHat are other options to turn on amp after a lesser time, say 10seconds.

cheers

Jamie
            You can also send it to Opus for a software change and just pay for the shipping...
            I'll spout simplistic opinions for hours on end.
            Ridicule anyone who disagrees with me,
            and generally foster divisiveness,
            cynicism and lower level of public dialog!

Comment

Working...
            X