dvd/cd in dash TO computer in trunk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dvd/cd in dash TO computer in trunk

Just wanted to know if anyone has installed a dvd/cd drive in the dash while the computer is in the trunk. Would I just use a lond ribbon cable for the install, or is there an adapter to go to a usb line or something? What would be the easiest solution for having the dvd/cd drive so far away from the actual computer? I want to have the slot load diretcly below my screen so I dont have to open the trunk to change cds/ movies... thanks.

Nova_guy

nova guy

i have a firewire/ide setup that i'm not using that i would sell you for 30 bucks. it has the power cable that you hook up to a regular power adapter on your power supply and a super long firewire cable to match it. both cables are long enough to run from the trunk of a car to the dash. it works great i just have no need for it any more. i used it with a dvd player and there was not choppieness at all.
    "I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I know so!!!!" Now I'm here!!

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

where are you located? and what do think shipping would cost to Edmonton, Canada?

Comment

im in florida and i think 10 bucks would cover it
        "I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I know so!!!!" Now I'm here!!

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

cool. I'm really interested. I bought my itx and case from opus and havn't purchased my motherboard yet. Not sure if the Epia M10000 motherboards come with a firewire connection

Comment

Originally posted by nova_guy
            cool. I'm really interested. I bought my itx and case from opus and havn't purchased my motherboard yet. Not sure if the Epia M10000 motherboards come with a firewire connection
            They do.

Comment

like archimense said they do. it has header pins for them and when you buy the board the cable comes with it.

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

riddle 14.... how long is the cable? and what end does it have for the slimline? i have the slimline and the adapter to go to a regular computer. do i need anysoftware to use the firewire? thanks again.

Comment

the firewire cable is 15 feet long and the power cable is 10 feet long. no software is required for it. here are some picts of the board and the cables. just hook up you slim line adapter to this regular (small length) ide cable.
                  Attached Files

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

as you can see i had to get out the tape measure. these cables are long
                    Attached Files

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

the board with the power cable hooked up. there is also power for the drive and one more thing.
                      Attached Files

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

hi where did you buy this setup?

Comment

i bought it off a guy that got banned on these forums. i went through hell to get it from him. but i got it finally and it works great i just dont need it for my setup any more.

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

riddle14. I'll send out $30.00 by money order if that works for you. I'll need your adress info and that. All I ask is that you package it in some foam or bubble wrap or something... would hate to have this thing not work. Thanks again for all the help. My email is [email protected]

Comment

no problem, i will email you my address.

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

Working...
                              X