help with the EPIA M10000 board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with the EPIA M10000 board

im not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i havent found any help on the viarena-forums, so ill try here.

i recieved my VIA EPIA M10000 today and put it into my case (morex cubid 3688 http://www.morex.com.tw/3688.htm )
    now as soon as i connect the power, both fans (CPU and case) start working. but i havent booted the PC yet. and they only stop i disconnect the power physically (ie pull out the powercord)

is that normal or do i have a broken mainboard?

thanks for any help!

Try booting it.. There's is an option in the bios that will turn it on when power is applied.. Not sure where it's located though...

Comment

thanks for the hint.
      i cant boot it yet because my RAM hasnt arrived yet
      i think what your talking about is the power settings after powerfailure (power on, power off, last state). but does that effect the fans in the "off-state"??

Comment

Yes, that's the one.. Does the mb beep when it's turned the fans start?

Comment

i found some RAM
          i can enter the BIOS now, i also found the power-setting that you mean, but i cant find any option for the fans...

Comment

What's the power setting set to? Last state or On? Does the mb boot when power is applied, or is it just the fans spinning up?

Comment

thats the problem: when i supply power, the fans start spinning. the i can start the pc with the power button and everything works fine. if i switch the pc off with the powerbutton, the pc is off, but the fans keep spinning.
              powersetting is "off"

Comment

ok, i think i found the problem: looks like the powersupply in the case has gone bad. i tried another powersupply an it works as expected.
                ill have to wait for the OPUS PSU to arrive and see if that solves the problem....

Comment

Working...
                X