No announcement yet.

10 " lap top display as monitor for car mp3

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 " lap top display as monitor for car mp3

I have a thinkpad 755cd laptop that has become un usable . the lcd screen still works( swapped it with another working 755cd to test) My question is,is there a way I can use the lcd with my mp3 car system i am building.... celeron 466 - running win98se w/128 mg ram...... maybe a contoller car or something?

Im thinking seriously in that idea , yes you can , my way its to connect an external card tv ntsc or rca input card into the laptop and buy a pci card with ntsc output or rca , so you use only the laptop screen so maybe you can rebulid the laptop to fit it into your dash or somenthing

The way you are describing would require the laptop to work, so that you could run a program that would allow you to plug in a video source.. such as ones that are in TV Cards..

The only way to get the LCD to work is to purchase a controller card for that specific LCD.. you'll first have to find the type of panel the laptop is using.. then find a company that produces such boards.. it will end up costing between $200 and $300 for the card..

Inmytree is right,

I have been in the same situation, other machine though, and thanks to the activity in the "Cheap color screens" topic, i was able to find a controller that works with my screen. However the price was 195$ + shipping, and i dont have that money at the moment so im on hold.

One thing you have to find out is EXACTLY what manufacturer, model nr. etc this screen is.

i have an old Sharp LQ9D011, for which i can use view-tek 's 70xsomething for my screen.

If You read the "Cheap color screen topic, you will however understand that this may not be the easiest of tasks

i have a lap top monitor ,,Hyundai,, and i want to use like screen in my car
          well can anybody tell me how to make that

whoa! 6 years later....

This is the second thread that's four years old or older that he's resurrected.

While ghe's certainly searching for relevant posts, he's not finding the FAQ Emporium, where there's a nifty writeup on this very topic....
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.