Who sells PCI risers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who sells PCI risers?

Hi, I'd prefer a UK supplier really, and the only one I've found so far is Mini-ITX.com, and including delivery, it will set me back over 20 ($35). Plus I'm putting my system in a DIN sized case, and the riser looks too tall.

So, who else sells em?
    My Setup

www.caseoutlet.com
    www.directron.com
    not UK based, but shouldn't be too much to ship to you.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt79
      Hi, I'd prefer a UK supplier really, and the only one I've found so far is Mini-ITX.com, and including delivery, it will set me back over 20 ($35). Plus I'm putting my system in a DIN sized case, and the riser looks too tall.

So, who else sells em?
      Good luck fitting a riser and then a card into a din size case...But if you accomplish it, please post how you did it. I have a din and a half case and can't see how I could even fit a mini pci (not laptop mini pci) card much less a riser and still get the case back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity
        www.case-outlet.com
        www.directron.com
        not UK based, but shouldn't be too much to ship to you.
        Your 1st link is a bad server address or dns entry.

Comment

Originally posted by m_dunnie
          Your 1st link is a bad server address or dns entry.
          repaired.

Comment

Here you go, riser card

Comment

Originally posted by m_dunnie
              Good luck fitting a riser and then a card into a din size case...But if you accomplish it, please post how you did it. I have a din and a half case and can't see how I could even fit a mini pci (not laptop mini pci) card much less a riser and still get the case back on.
              I'd have to agree. a DIN sized chassis might not allow enough clearance for a riser and PCI card. even with a low profile riser, a PCI card would be about 1/2" higher than the highest connector on the mobo. This may be an issue.
              Please post your findings.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity
                I'd have to agree. a DIN sized chassis might not allow enough clearance for a riser and PCI card. even with a low profile riser, a PCI card would be about 1/2" higher than the highest connector on the mobo. This may be an issue.
                Please post your findings.
                ok try this RIBBON RISER

http://www.stayonline.com/riser_cards/8823.asp
                The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
                CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
                PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
                Memory:1G
                Drives:160gig
                WI-FI:Cingular
                GPS:IG2k9
                Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
                The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

Originally posted by john1701
                  OK, but you still have to mount the PCI card right? if he is using a DIN chassis, the PCI card still needs to fit inside. What would he do with the Ribbon Riser that is different than a card riser? He still needs to clear the mobo components. Can't just toss the card in there.
                  A DIN sized chassis, in my opinion, just is not suited to use a PCI card peroid. In fact, as an example, the C-134 case requires the use of low profile memory and a low pro. heat sink just to get the case closed with a slim hdd and optical drive.
                  I have assembled DIN chassis' before, and I can tell you it is a magic act just to get the damn thing closed.
                  Bottom line: I don't think DIN plus PCI card will work.

Comment

oh well,
                    The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
                    CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
                    PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
                    Memory:1G
                    Drives:160gig
                    WI-FI:Cingular
                    GPS:IG2k9
                    Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
                    The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

Thanks for the links... I've now gutted my DIN headunit, and I have a feeling motorcity is right, it's gonna be a damn tight squeeze with a PCI card in there. That ribbon riser thing looks exellent tho. I'm gonna mount the motherboard and PSU first, and then see if theres room for a PCI card. If there is, I'll be sure to post pics.

I'm gonna mount a 3.5" HD externally, since that definately won't fit.
                      My Setup

Comment

Working...
                      X