Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote for Windows

Hi, this is probably a newbie question but that's what I am
    So, I decided to go with windows 95. And i want to use a remote controller to control the system. I found a site that explains how to do it for Linux, but can you guys tell me how to do it under windows? All i know is that I'll have to buy infrared sensor from radio Shack and wire it to my serial port, then it need some software I guess.
    Links will be appreciated!
    Thank you.

Actually most people use IRman from evation.com. IRman allows you to use any universal remote control to control Windows. You might want to try to use the search function.
    http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/Maveric/ M.A.V.I.C. System
    Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case.

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/listings/ MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

Comment

Also, there's the Packard Bell Fast Media remote. They are available pretty cheaply, and have good third party software support. Again, a search should turn up all the info...
      Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
      Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
      "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

I have a about 15 of these remotes (packard bell) that I will sell for 5 bucks each.. They're good quality, I use one in my car.. Email me, [email protected]

jason

Comment

Working...
        X