HELP - CarPC won't stop rebooting!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - CarPC won't stop rebooting!

So I took my carpc into the house this weekend to get it back up to date on my network and everything since wireless had been dropping in and out on me.

I've got the EPIA VIA M10000, everything's pretty standard.

I use it all day yesterday with no problems whatsoever. I upgraded the BIOS and all drivers trying to get the widescreen resolution on the lilliput, of course it never worked, but still I got some more movies and MP3's copied over.

Anyway, I put it in the car this morning, boot it up, and I get "Over Range" on the lilliput. This has never happened to me, but so I sit there and wait a bit, and eventually the XP welcome screen shows up after about a minute (it normally only takes about 20-30). So then it gets to the desktop, and every time it just crashes out and re-boots within a max of 15 seconds.

Any ideas on the rebooting? Power maybe? But it worked in the house - the car uses an inverter, and the lilliput/amp never lose power, so it's not a screw up in the power coming anywhere from the battery I don't suppose..

It also doesn't seem it would be anything related to the upgrades because they all worked fine in the house. Did I change something in the BIOS to screw it up with the Over Range part while booting? I was using a normal monitor in the house. Has anyone else seen this kind of problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ELI

Lilliput 7" Touchscreen Fabricated In Dash: 25% Complete
    Click here to see my progress.

your video card is still probably expecting some type of feedback from the "normal monitor" lug the normal monitor to the car, plug it in and see if it makes a difference, if it does, put some really simple display settings in like 640x480 in 16 bit or 8 bit color, and then try with your in dash screen after making these changes.

and have you tried safe mode in windogs ?
    Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

I was assuming I should try the new monitor next.

I've tried to get to safe mode and BIOS settings too, but I can't tell since it's always over range before it gets to actual boot up.

Thanks man

Lilliput 7" Touchscreen Fabricated In Dash: 25% Complete
      Click here to see my progress.

Comment

Working...
      X