USB sound card.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB sound card.

I'm looking for a good USB sound card with 5.1 out. Something like the Creative AUDIGY and has compariable sound quality of my Turtle Beach Santa Cruz (24 bit). The reason I don't want the AUDIGY is because I've heard it eats up resources. How bad is it? I have a PII 600, 192MB that runs extremely smooth. Runs MediaCar with MP3 + GPS + Netstumbler without any hiccups. How hard of a preformace hit will I get?
    My Install Thread
    digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
    How do I get sound to my car?

BUMP...How taxing is the SB AUDIGY on the CPU?

*EDIT* Nevermind all this. I'm going to hold off on a new SC untill I upgrade my CPU.
    My Install Thread
    digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta

Comment

Say it with me. AUDIGY.
      [H]4 Life
      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
      I'm a lesbian too.
      I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
        Say it with me. AUDIGY.

LOL, yeah I figured it out after I started checking prices again. I'm just going to continue using my Santa Cruz untill I upgrade my PC.
        My Install Thread
        digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta

Comment

Originally posted by ppgt94
          LOL, yeah I figured it out after I started checking prices again. I'm just going to continue using my Santa Cruz untill I upgrade my PC.
          Sorry, it was just bothering me
          [H]4 Life
          My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
          It will be done sometime in the next generation.
          I'm a lesbian too.
          I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
            Sorry, it was just bothering me
            'sall good. Misspellings bug me too.
            My Install Thread
            digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta

Comment

I read one review that said it was taking up something like 15% of the cpu on a p4 3GHz machine.

I ended up getting the aurillium, even though it was rated lower in just about all the tests (except cpu usage) but it is bus powered, and I didn't want to bother with wumming more power lines. I am having a problem with hard drive noise. It is a lot better than the onboard sound, but it is still noticeabel when noting is playing, and it is kinda annoying. I would like to try out the audigy to see if I have the same problem some day (or maybe I'll just see if I can find a headunit that has a digital input)

|V1 Virtual Display|

Hard work often pays off over time, laziness always pays off right now.

Comment

I have Audigy NX with P4 [email protected],56... When playing MP3s PCU usage is like 4% but with DVDs is 28-32% (without audigy was 20%)... So it eats up resources when playing DVDs (24bit/96khz)

Comment

Working...
                X